Online Registration at CPUT
Online Registration at CPUT
CPUIT registration period begins a few weeks after application. The selected applicants may receive a notification via SMS or email to proceed with registration after applications have been reviewed by the admission Board. Students are mandated to register after application to confirm their acceptance of admission and to be part of the student body. The registration official instates selected applicants as students of the institution. Students register for their course for the semester, Course, and Offering Type either Full-time or Part-time and Campus, Subject Code and When the subject is offered either semester 1, 2, or year, Exam Year and Month etc.
CPUT has made online registration so simple and easy for students to register from the comfort of their own homes, or wherever they have Internet
access. Students must register online before the on-campus support dates and can register from the comfort of their own homes, or wherever they have internet access. If you register off-campus, email assistance will be available.
READ: CPUT SOS
CPUT REGISTRATION DATES 2024/2025
Registration time frames vary depending on the time of application, mode of application and choice of course of study.
Postgraduate Registration (Masters, Doctoral and phasing out M Tech and D Tech programmes)
- First-time registering students (Full Research M and D programmes): 07 January 2024 – 29 May 2024
- M and D course-based programmes: 07 January 2024 – 02 March 2024
- All returning students: 07 January 2024- 02 March 2024
- First-time registering students (Full Research M and D programmes) 29 May 2024
- Returning students (Full Research M and D programmes) 2 March 2024
- MTech/ Masters (Course-based programmes)2 March 2024
- Go to the Students tab on the CPUT website and click on the Student Online Services (SOS) link, or use the direct link www.cput.ac.za/sos and Click on Login to SOS.
- Select Student and type in your student number and personal identification number (PIN).
- Click on Login if you know your pin, otherwise click on Request a PIN. Your pin will be directed to your cell phone number.
- Select Student Enquiry on the left.
- Select Student Administration on the left.
- Select Academic Registration on the left and Click on the I Accept button at the bottom.
- Select Submit Registration on the left. Verify that the qualification details displayed for you are correct. All fields indicated with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
- Students must select both the first and second-semester subjects, as well as year subjects – this is a once-off registration for the whole year. Note that where the student fails lower level subjects that are pre-requisites for the higher level subjects, the higher level subject will be automatically de-registered in July.
- Select Proof of Registration on the left to print your proof of registration.
- First-year students will be issued a 2024 student card at the student card registration points
- Returning students need to retain their 2024 student card for the 2025 academic year and onwards.
READ:CPUT SOS Login
NOTE: All international students must first report for Pre-registration clearance before proceeding with registration.
Online registration is the primary registration mode at CPUT and all students are required to register online (except for a small number of qualifications listed in the registration booklet).
If you experience problems that cannot be resolved via email or phone, you can register in one of the dedicated computer laboratories specifically allocated for online registration support.
Specifications for your computer: Internet Explorer 7 or higher, with Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or higher. No other browsers are certified for online registrations at CPUT.
There is an online registration support document for your convenience and is available on our website http://www.cput.ac.za/sos. Visit the official website of CPUT for more information. Hope the provided information is helpful, kindly leave a comment in the comment section.
Download CPUT Registration Booklet pdf