CUT Online Application Forms
CUT Online Application Forms
Academic Structure and Student Enrolment ServicesPrivate Bag X20539
- Applications for the following year will open in May/June of each year; the closing date is the end of August.
- Applications for the second semester will open in March/April of each year; the closing date is the end of May. Please note that only selected programmes have a second-semester intake.
CUT online Application Forms Download pdf
An application fee, as stipulated in the admission regulations of the CUT, must be paid before the deadline specified in the admission regulations.
Prospective students must provide the Assistant Registrar: Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services with their completed application forms for admission to the CUT as early as possible in the preceding academic year or semester. A non-refundable application fee is payable with each application for admission.
Once the Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services Unit have processed the applications, a selection list is drawn up and forwarded to the various faculties.
Upon receipt of the selection lists, the head of the department divides the applications into three (3) categories, namely:
- Applicants who meet all the admission requirements;
- Applicants are to be subjected to the testing of potential;
- Applicants who are considered academically unsuccessful.
Applicants falling into the first category are notified in writing by the Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services Unit that their applications for admission to the CUT have been successful.
The unsuccessful applicants falling into the third category are notified in writing by the Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services Unit that their applications for admission to the CUT have been unsuccessful.
Applicants falling into the second category are notified in writing by the Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services Unit that their applications for admission are subject to the testing of potential. The date, time and place of such testing will be clearly indicated.
The testing of potential proceeds as follows:
- The applicant reports on the date and at the time and place indicated in the letter.
- The testing, as described in the admission regulations of the CUT, is administered on this occasion by the Wellness Centre.
- The results of the test are arranged in hierarchical order as soon as possible after the test.
- The Wellness Centre make these results available to the various faculties, after which the relevant department heads make a final selection of applicants for particular learning programmes.s
Candidates who have successfully completed the selection process are notified in writing of their admission to the CUT by the Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services Unit, however, applicants falling into the first category will receive preference with regard to placement in learning programmes, except where the Senate determines otherwise.
The names of candidates who have completed the test with regard to potential and have not been granted admission are placed on a waiting list to be reconsidered during a subsequent evaluation opportunity. Such candidates will receive a letter from the Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services Unit informing them that their applications for admission have been unsuccessful after the final placement in the various learning programmes.
In the case of candidates applying for admission to the learning programmes: Hospitality Management, Marketing, Emergency Medical Care, Tourism Management, Dental Assistance, Language Practice and Art and Design; it is expected that, in addition to the testing of potential, the applicants will undergo one or more of the following procedures before final selection and acceptance can proceed, namely:
- Psychometric testing/evaluation
- Portfolio submission
- Completion of a questionnaire
- Assessment of practical skills
- Any other process, as approved by the Senate
Upon receipt of an official letter from the Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services Unit to the effect that the candidate concerned has been granted admission to the CUT, the candidate must indicate in writing, before or on the date stipulated in the letter, whether he/she accepts the offer of admission. Failure to do so could lead to the expiry of the said offer. Download or open the Online Application Guide, and follow the steps in the PDF document to complete the CUT application (including screenshots of the system).
CUT Online Admission Requirements
- Admission Points (AP) (minimum 27, matric pass level explained) | Selection test | TVET(FET) Students | Extended Curriculum Programme (ECP) | Recognition of Prior Learning
- The National Benchmark Test (NBT) is mandatory for all first-year applicants to higher education institutions.
- The test must be written before you can register to study at CUT.
- Current Matriculants: upload Final Grade 11 results or Grade 12 June results.
- Already Matriculated applicants: you will have to upload your certified ID and Senior Certificate.
- Higher Qualifications than matric: you will have to upload your certified ID, Senior Certificate, your qualification(s) and study record.
- Postgraduate Applicants: Visit the Head of the Department / Assistant Deans, Research Innovation and Engagement to discuss a research project for Master or Doctorate study before applying online.
How To Apply To CUT Online
- Go to the application website of CUT via https://www.cut.ac.za/application-process to access the online application form
- Fill out the form with the required information
- Upload certified copies of supportive documents such as School results, Certified ID etc.
- Submit the application along with the uploaded documents
- Track your application after 6-10 weeks
Visit the official website of CUIT for more information, and find the above information useful, Kindly leave a comment in the comment section.