Nelson Mandela University Online Application
Nelson Mandela University Online Application: Nelson Mandela University’s online application window is currently open for admission to undergraduate degrees (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, and degrees), honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas, and master’s and doctoral degrees for the upcoming academic year. If you are an applicant looking for admission to undergraduate or postgraduate programs at Nelson Mandela University, you must submit an application online at the university portal.
All applications for admission must be submitted online during the designated application time in order to guarantee that they reach Nelson Mandela University. Additionally, you should submit your application before the deadline and think about including all necessary application documents. Please refer to this page for information regarding the dates and deadlines for Nelson Mandela University applications.
NMU Application Process
NMU Application Date
Prospective undergraduate, postgraduate and international students who wish to join Nelson Mandela University in 2024 are invited to apply online from April 2023.
In order to ensure adequate time for application, processing and planning by the university and yourself, online applications for early admission in 2024 should be submitted by:
- 30 June 2023 for MBChB applications with the NBT (if applicable) to be written by no later than 31 July 2023.
- 30 June 2023 for Bachelor of Radiography (BRad) applications.
- 04 August 2023 for early applications (excluding MBChB & BRad).
- 30 September 2023 for late applications (excluding MBChB & BRad).
- 30 September 2023 for international student applications.
- 30 September 2023 for ALL student housing applications
NMU Application Fee
No application fee is required for South African citizens, but there is an application fee for International Students.
Please note an application fee of R500.00 needs to be submitted with all applications. You may pay your application fee by bank transfer or online credit card payment. (see details below) All current fee brochures are attached to the right column.
APPLICATION FEE BANKING DETAILS:
Use the banking details below for paying your application fee only:
- Account Name: Nelson Mandela University – Main
- Bank Name: Standard Bank
- Bank Address: Rink Street, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Internet Banking Code: 051001
- Account Number: 080263011
- Bank Swift Code: SBZA ZAJJ
- Reference: 5350 4605 & Student Name
Please email a copy of the deposit slip to: email@example.com
NMU Application Documents and Requirements
- Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- the most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian/surety if you are a dependent, currently at school, studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject-specific marks do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty-specific requirements.
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and sms. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is dependent on:
- your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
How do I apply to Nelson Mandela University?
- How do I apply to Nelson Mandela University?
First, you have to make sure that you meet the admission requirements of the programme you wish to apply for (https://myfuture.mandela.ac.za/Applicant-Score). Obtain a copy of the undergraduate programme guide or Z-Card to assist you in making an informed choice. As soon as you know what you want to study and that you meet the admission requirements, you can apply online (https://applyonline.mandela.ac.za/).
You must submit your application form together with ALL the relevant supporting documentation before the initial closing date. Your application cannot be considered if you do not include all your supporting documents with your application form.
All prospective applicants will be notified by sms and e-mail of the outcome of their application.
NMU Courses/Programmes Offered
Faculty of Business and Economic Sciences:
- Business Management
- Hospitality Management.
Faculty of Engineering, the Built Environment and Technology:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Health Sciences:
- Biomedical Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Environmental Health
- Nursing, Pharmacy
Faculty of Humanities:
- Language and Literature Studies
- Political and Conflict Studies
- Psychology, Sociology.
Faculty of Law:
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Masters in Law (LLM).
Faculty of Science:
- Computer Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
Faculty of Education:
- Foundation Phase Education
- Intermediate Phase Education
- Senior and FET Phase Education.
NMU CONTACT DETAILS
For more information on Nelson Mandela University click here. We do hope this article was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.