Applications to NMU must be solely done online via the official website of the university. Interested applicants must ensure that they meet all the entry requirements and are in possession of the necessary documentation. NMU online application portal opens in April 2023 and closes on September 30, 2023.
Prospective undergraduate, postgraduate and international students who wish to join Nelson Mandela University in 2024/2025 are invited to apply online via the official website of the University to access the online application form, complete it and submit it along with supporting documentation.
READ: NMU Application Status
NMU Application Dates
Prospective undergraduate, postgraduate and international applicants must take note of the dates provided below;
- 30 June 2023 for MBChB applications with the NBT (if applicable) to be written by no later than 31 July 2024.
- 30 June 2023 for Bachelor of Radiography (BRad) applications.
- 04 August 2023 for early applications (excluding MBChB & BRad).
- 30 September 2023 for late applications (excluding MBChB & BRad).
- 30 September 2023 for international student applications.
- 30 September 2023 for ALL student housing applications.
READ: NMU Status
NMU Application Documents and Requirements
- Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- the most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian/surety if you are a dependent, currently at school, studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject-specific marks do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty-specific requirements.
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and sms. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is dependent on:
- your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
READ: Online Applications NMU
NMMU Online Application Process
- Go to the application portal at https://applyonline.mandela.ac.za/.
- Create an account by providing your email address and a password.
- Log in to your account and complete the application form with the required information
- Upload all the required documents, such as certified copies of your ID, academic transcripts, and proof of payment for the application fee.
- Review your application and submit it online along with the uploaded documents.
- Wait for a response from NMU on the status of your application.