Do you want to know the status of your application? Worry No more, you can check the status of your application without any stress at NMU. Nelson Mandela University application status can be checked online at the official website of the institution, using your student number and your provided PIN.
You may be eager to know your application status If you have submitted an application to the university. Checking your application status at Nelson Mandela University is a simple and stress-free process that you can do from the comfort of your home, provided there’s an internet connection. In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to check your application status at Nelson Mandela University. Whether you have applied for an undergraduate or postgraduate program, this guide will help provide you with all the necessary information to help you find out the status of your application.
How To Check Your Application Status
Below is a step-to-step guide to assist you to check your application status at NMU:
* Go to the Nelson Mandela University website at www.mandela.ac.za
* Click on the “MyNMMU” link at the top right corner of the homepage.
* You will be redirected to a new page where you will click on the “Student Portal” section.
* Click on “Check your Admission Status”.
* Enter your Student Number and PIN in the fields provided.
* Click on “Submit” and your admission status will be displayed. Congratulations if you were given admission.
Visit the university’s admissions office for assistance If you have any difficulties.
READ: NMU Applications
- Your online application form must be accompanied by the following:
- a copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- the most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian/surety if you are a dependent, currently at school, studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject-specific marks do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen program, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
- Some programs have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty-specific requirements.
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and sms. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is dependent on:
- your last school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
Below are the phone numbers of some of the frequently called areas on campus. Please go to our departmental search page if you need a phone number for a department not listed below. (*Offices have extended hours beyond NMU’s regular business hours.)
READ: MUT Application Status
|Help Desk (computer and technical services)*||906-227-2468|
|Athletics – Main Office||906-227-2105|
|Superior Dome Office||906-227-2850|
|ASNMU (student government)||906-227-2452|
|University Marketing and Communications||906-227-2720|
|Dean of Students||906-227-1700|
|Financial Services (non-student financial transactions)||906-227-1221|
|Forest Roberts Theatre*||906-227-2082|
|Housing and Residence Life||906-227-2620|
|Lydia Olson Library*||906-227-2260|
|Public Safety and Police Services*||906-227-2151|
|Student Service Center (student financial transactions)||906-227-1221|