NMMU Application Status
NMMU Application Status
- Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- the most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject specific marks do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty specific requirements.
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and sms. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is depended on:
- your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
Below are the phone numbers of the some of the frequently called areas on campus. If you need a phone number for a department not listed below, please go to our departmental search page.
(*Offices have extended hours beyond NMU’s regular business hours.)
Help Desk (computer and technical services)* 906-227-2468
University Switchboard* 906-227-1000
All-Campus Tutoring 906-227-2618
Alumni Relations 906-227-2610
Athletics – Main Office 906-227-2105
PEIF Office 906-227-2519
Superior Dome Office 906-227-2850
ASNMU (student government) 906-227-2452
University Marketing and Communications 906-227-2720
Dean of Students 906-227-1700
Disability Services 906-227-1700
Financial Aid 906-227-2327
Financial Services (non-student financial transactions) 906-227-1221
Forest Roberts Theatre* 906-227-2082
NMU Foundation 906-227-2627
Health Center 906-227-2355
Housing and Residence Life 906-227-2620
Human Resources 906-227-2330
Lydia Olson Library* 906-227-2260
Online/Distance Learning* 906-227-2117
Public Safety and Police Services* 906-227-2151
Student Service Center (student financial transactions) 906-227-1221
Ticket Office* 906-227-1032