Nelson Mandela University NMU Online Application 2024/2025
Nelson Mandela University NMU Online Application 2024/2025
The online application portal for Nelson Mandela University undergraduate, postgraduate, or international students in 2024 is open online from the beginning of April 1st, 2024 to 30th September 2024 for new and continuing students to apply.
With over 27 000 students enrolled on seven separate campuses or delivery sites – six in the Nelson Mandela Metropole and one in the lovely city of George – Nelson Mandela University is the largest higher education institution in the Eastern and Southern Cape.
Nelson Mandela University, formerly Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMU), and before that – the University of Port Elizabeth (UPE), the Port Elizabeth Technikon, and Vista University’s Port Elizabeth campus. The University is a complete university offering professional and vocational training.
Nelson Mandela University NMU Online Application Date 2024/2025
To give the institution and yourself enough time to process your application, process it, and plan ahead, online applications for early admission in 2024 should be filed by:
- 31 May 2024 for MBChB applications with the NBT (if applicable) to be written by no later than 31 July 2024.
- 30 June 2024 for Bachelor of Radiography (BRad) applications.
- 04 August 2024 for early applications (excluding MBChB & BRad).
- 30 September 2024 for late applications (excluding MBChB & BRad).
- 30 September 2024 for international student applications.
- 30 September 2024 for ALL student housing applications.
Note: Please keep in mind that some qualifications have a limited number of spots available, so it’s to your best advantage to submit your online application and all supporting documentation as soon as possible. Please note the Applicant Score (AS) and minimum pass percent per topic requirements for the qualification you are seeking before completing an online application form, or go to the A-Z career homepage, faculty webpages, or faculty guides for more information.
Needed Documents To Apply at Nelson Mandela University (NMU) Online 2024
You need the following to apply online at NMU 2024
- Internet access.
- A valid personal email address (should you not have an e-mail account, please open one before proceeding with your online application).
- Your latest school results – Example: Grade 11 final or grade 12 June or September or final school-leaving results – No Grade 12 March results.
- A valid SA ID number or passport number
- A valid cell number correctly, as your application status will be communicated via cellphone
NWU online Application 2024 Requires the following
- An authorized copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- The most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- A valid copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- An authorized Copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- A valid copy of your Identity Document (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- A valid copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- Declaration by your parent / legal guardian/surety if you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university
How To Apply Online For Nelson Mandela University
Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a certified copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- a certified copy of your most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a certified copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
certified copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a certified copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
declaration by your parent / legal guardian/surety if you are a dependant, currently at school, studying at a tertiary institution, or
- have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the University
Click HERE for more details on how to apply
Nelson Mandela University Online Application (NMU) 2024/2025
If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject-specific % pass marks do not meet the direct entry requirements for your chosen program, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
Some programs have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty-specific requirements.
READ:Nelson Mandela university courses
You can track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and SMS. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are admitted, you will receive an orientation guide together with registration information in November/December.
Final acceptance is dependent on:
Your final school-leaving results meet the minimum admission requirements for your chosen program, or the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
NWU Online Payment Mode
Nelson Mandela University Offered Faculties
Nelson Mandela University offers over 500 study programs across seven renowned faculties, allowing our students to flourish academically.
Art and design, architecture, chartered accountancy, engineering, health, and environmental sciences, and information technology are just a few of many specialties. The faculties are as follows:
- FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMIC SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT, AND TECHNOLOGY
- FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF LAW
- FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
To read more on courses and programs CLICK HERE
Campuses Of Nelson Mandela Univesity
Nelson Mandela University’s multi-campus format allows it to be more directly associated with and geographically closer to the areas it serves.
Summerstrand, Gqeberha is home to Nelson Mandela University’s main campus (formerly Port Elizabeth). The faculties are dispersed over six locations:
- North Campus
- South Campus
- 2nd Avenue Campus
- Bird Street Campus
- George Campus
- Missionvale Campus
- Ocean Sciences Campus
Contact Details Of The Nelson Mandla University
PO Box 77000
Nelson Mandela University
- Telephone: 041-504 1111
- Fax: 041-504 2574 / 2731