Mangosuthu University of Technology Online Application (MUT) 2021/2022
Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT) is a University of Technology located at the outlying districts of Durban, South Africa, overlooking the Indian Ocean. Mangosuthu University of Technology is located in the academic hub in the eThekwini metropole. The University aim to be a transforming, equitable, sustainable and academically excellent University of Technology anchored in its communities.
MUT run the following Facilities;
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
Application Fee: All South African applicants will need to pay an application fee of R200 while international applicants are required to pay an application fee of R250. For late applications, South African applicants will pay R400 and international applicants are required to pay a fee R500.
A complete application, submitted entirely online, MUST includes the following materials:
- Proof of payment receipt of your application fee (This is a non-refundable compulsory fee for every applicant)
- A Certified copy of your ID document(ID document is compulsory for South Africa citizens – your application cannot be processed without a certified copy of your ID and Passport Number for International Applicants)
- Exam Results: Final Grade 12 results (if available). Grade 11 results (if you currently doing grade 12) are very important for your application. Thus, have it on hand.
- A unique email address when applying either online or in a hard copy. Note that some of the systems do not accept emails from some of the universities:. It is advisable to create and use a Gmail, Yahoomail address for the application.
- Application forms can be downloaded from the CAO website, www.cao.ac.za. You may also apply online by going to www.cao.ac.za, click on the apply tab, then click on apply now, and follow the easy application process. The CAO number appears in tear-off slip on the CAO application form.
- Checking the progress of your application
- You can track the progress of your application by going to www.cao.ac.za and enter your CAO number, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 031 268 4444.
- Important closing dates:
- Faculty of Engineering – first semester applications – 30 September
- Faculty of Engineering – second semester applications – 31 May
- Faculty of Natural Sciences – 30 September
- Analytical Chemistry – second semester applications – 31 May
- Faculty of Management Sciences – 30 September.
Minimum Entrance Requirements
- National Senior Certificate with a diploma pass or N3 with 50% pass in Mathematics and English
- A minimum of 5 subjects with level 4 pass for diploma study and level 3 for Access Courses
- English Home Language or First Additional language, level 4 pass
- Specific subject combination and pass level relevant to the qualification
- Minimum points as per faculty requirement and as listed on the CAO handbook
Point calculation matrix
National Senior Certificate:
|NSC LEVEL RATING||NSC PERCENTANGE||POINTS|
|90 – 100||8|
|7||80 – 89||7|
|6||70 – 79||6|
|5||60 – 69||5|
|4||50 – 59||4|
|3||40 – 49||3|
|Symbol||Higher Grade||Standard Grade|
For all queries email us directly on email@example.com
|Enquiries||031 907 7111|
|Admissions Call Centre||031 819 9299|
|Student Accounts Officer||031 907 7339|
|Bursaries Officer||031 907 7462|
|NSFAS||031 907 7353|
|Schools Liaison Office||031 907 7353|
|Financial Aid Bureau||031 907 7106|
|Central Applications Office||086 086 0 226|
|Faculty of Engineering||031 907 7172|
|Faculty of Management Sciences||031 907 7452|
|Faculty of Natural Sciences||031 907 7678|
|Physical Address||511 Mangosuthu Highway, Umlazi, KwaZulu-Natal,4031 OR|
511 Griffiths Mxenge Highway, Umlazi, KwaZulu-Natal,4031
|GPS||Latitude: S 29 58.142 Longitude: E 30 54.768|