WITS Online Application 2024-2025
WITS Online Application 2024-2025: The management of the University of Witwatersrand, WITS has opened the admission portal for aspirants that are interested in running a program at the institution both at the diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Specific dates and deadlines have been set for admission registration as well as the closure of the admission portal. It is advisable to apply early because of the limited admission slots available at WITS as late entry would not be permitted.
The University of the Witwatersrand’s aim is to raise its international profile as a leading research-intensive university and to serve as a gateway to research involvement and intellectual success in Africa. This will be accomplished by focusing on intellectual quality, international competitiveness, and local relevance. Therefore, those who want to study at WITS for 2024 must apply for admission before the application deadline or closing date.
WITS Online Application Date
The University of Witwatersrand (WITS) Online Application 2024 Academic year will be open on 1 March 2023 and close on 30 September 2023 for all other University programmes.
WITS Application Fee 2024
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments are to be made before closing dates
- Use your Person Number or T Number as a reference
How To Pay WITS Application Fee
Deposit the exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees.
- Current Account Number: 200 346 385,
- Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805.
- CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ).
- Use your person/student number as a reference.
Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office,
Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Use your person/student number as the reference.
EFT – Use your Person/Student number as the reference.
WITS Supporting Documents for 2024 Application
- If you did not upload supporting documents at the time of application, you can still do so via the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Log in with your personal number (not your T number) and the first six digits of your ID.
- Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 results (no hardcopy required).
- Already Matriculated: Upload certified copies of all your matric certificates/foreign school leaving certificates.
- Other Tertiary Institutions: Upload a certified copy of official academic records for ALL tertiary registrations, inclusive of a statement/certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
(Note that interim, self-service generated results will be considered for initial assessment purposes for GEMP applicants ONLY).
How to Apply to WITS Online Application Form 2024
The University of Witwatersrand (WITS) Application for 2024 can be applied online. To apply online,
- Go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (the order of choice does not matter).
- If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
WITS Contact Details
For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888
For more information on WITS University click here. We do hope this article on WITS Online Application 2024-2025 was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.