How to Apply Online At WITS University 2024-2025
How to Apply Online at WITS University 2024-2025: We are pleased and excited to announce to you that WITS Online Application for the 2024-2025 academic year is now open for all interested and qualified applicants. We are not just making this announcement known but also providing various steps on how to apply online for WITS admission.
The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg is a multi-campus South African public research university situated in the northern areas of central Johannesburg. It is more commonly known as Wits University or Wits. The university has its roots in the mining industry, as do Johannesburg and the Witwatersrand in general. Founded in 1896 as the South African School of Mines in Kimberley, it is the third oldest South African university in continuous operation. Below are the steps on how to apply online at WITS university.
WITS University Online Application Date 2024-2025
WITS University Applications Date for 2024 will open 1 March 2023
READ: CPUT Results
WITS Application Fee 2024-2025
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments are to be made before closing dates
- Use your Person Number or T Number as a reference
How to pay WIT Application Fee 2-024-2025
Deposit the exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House, Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as the reference.
- EFT – Use your Person/Student number as the reference.
WITS Application 2024 Supporting Documents
If you did not upload supporting documents at the time of application, you can still do so via the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
Log in with your personal number (not your T number) and the first six digits of your ID.
Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 results (no hardcopy required).
Already Matriculated: Upload certified copies of all your matric certificates/foreign school leaving certificates.
Other Tertiary Institutions: Upload a certified copy of official academic records for ALL tertiary registrations, inclusive of a statement/certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar. (Note that interim, self-service generated results will be considered for initial assessment purposes for GEMP applicants ONLY).
How to Apply Online at WITS University 2024
To apply online, go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/
You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (the order of choice does not matter).
- Apply using your names as they appear on your ID book/card or passport (do not use initials or nicknames).
If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
Try to keep your study options open, especially when applying for programmes in faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
- Ensure that you submit the application and receive a letter acknowledging that your application has been submitted.
A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.
- In accordance with the POPI Act, applicants are required to complete their own applications and accept the University’s legal declaration of indemnity and undertaking. The University will not engage with third-party agents facilitating applications on behalf of applicants.