Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship 2023-2024
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship 2023-2024
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship applications for the 2023-2024 Academic year are now open to graduates (full-time Masters) from the MTCP recipient countries. The application deadline or closing date is 16 August 2022.
How to Apply for the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship 2023-2024
All applications must be submitted through MTCP online application system. To apply online, follow the steps below:
- Go to the MIS portal at https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/login.php
- Read the Terms and Criteria for the application before submitting the application
- Enter your ID number (Passport) in the space provided
- Type your password and click “Login”
Required Supporting Documents for Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship 2023-2024
All the following documents below are COMPULSORY and to be UPLOADED via online application (scanned and save as in PDF format):
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency tests (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees
- Endorsement form
- Admission offer letter from Malaysian Universities (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical examination form.
- Application form
- A certified copy of the Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 month’s validity)
- A certified copy of the Academic Transcript
- Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree programme must be reflected in the academic transcripts
- Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies
- Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants’ alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile. Documents must be certified.
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship applicants must COMPLY with the following criteria:
- Not more than 45 years old at the time of application.
- For the Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.0 at the Undergraduate Degree level.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.0) or TOEFL paper-based test with a score of 500 or an internet-based test with a score of 60
- Applicants obtaining Degrees with English as a medium of instruction may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Has an excellent level of health certified by a doctor/physician. The cost of the medical check-up shall be fully borne by the applicant.
- Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected Higher Learning Institutions (Please refer to the List of Universities).
- Applications are only open to candidates who have received offer letters from universities in Malaysia but have not yet started their studies or those who have registered for no more than one semester for a Master’s Degree.
LEVEL OF STUDY
- Full-time postgraduate students [Master’s Degree Programme] for the 2022/2023 Academic Year
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES
Students can obtain a Master’s degree from one of the following Malaysian universities:
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
Benefit of Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship 2023-2024
This scholarship paid for the following:
- Cost of Living Allowance
- Book Allowance
- Tools Allowance
- House Rental Allowance
- Family Assistance Allowance
- Placement Allowance
- Thesis Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Practical Training Allowance
- End of Study Allowance
- Tuition Fees
- Medical Claims
- Visa Fee
The Scholarship Payment Method
Participants will receive allowances and other incentives from the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia’s Scholarship Division through their individual savings accounts, as described above. It is recommended that students open a Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad account.
AREAS OF STUDY
The following areas of study will be given priority:
- Economics and Banking.
- Business Management.
- Science and Technology (not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy)
- International Relations and Diplomacy.
- Public Policy and Governance.
- Agriculture and Livestock.
- Social Science.
Applicants may select any comparable course from the above-mentioned fields.
The following selection criteria will be used to evaluate applications:
- High-level academic achievement.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in the English Language.
MTCP SCHOLARSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate Master’s Degree Programmes at the selected Higher Learning Institutions (Please refer to List of Universities). It is the responsibility of the scholars to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholars must not change their programme during the tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from the university and the MTCP Secretariat.
- Scholars must follow the approved programmes and abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during the suspension.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including a medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa. Further information and application details are available at https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my
- Scholars must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university or the scholarship will be withdrawn…
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian Universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholars are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university and the MTCP Secretariat.
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship 2023-2024 CONTACT INFORMATION
For further enquiries regarding MTCP Scholarship, please contact:
- International Cooperation And Development Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Level 2, Wisma Putra 1
No.1 Jalan Wisma Putra, Precint 2,
- Phone: +603-8887 4563
(8.30 am – 4.30 pm Malaysia time / Monday – Friday)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Ministry of Higher Education
Level 2, No 2, Tower 2
Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5
- Phone: +603-8888 1616 (Hotline) / +603-8870 6368 (8.30 am – 4.30 pm Malaysia time / Monday – Friday)
- For any technical assistance regarding MTCP Scholarship application form; please submit your e-mail with a screen-shot to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER RELATED LINKS:
- University of Cape Town Online Application (UCT) 2023/2024
- TUT Online Application 2022 TUT.ac.za
- University of Pretoria Online Application UP 2023-2024
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology Online Application (CPUT) 2023 /2024
- University of Western Cape Online Application UWC 2023-2024
- Vaal University of Technology Online Application VUT 2023/2024