Basic Education Youth Employment Initiative 2021-2022
Basic Education Youth Employment Initiative: Department of Basic Education
Basic Education invites the unemployed youth to Apply for Education Assistant Placement for phase II of the Basic Education Employment Initiative programme.
The Recruitment for Phase II of the Basic Education Employment Initiative will begin on September 27 and end on October 3, 2021, according to the Department of Basic Education.
As part of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI)-Basic Education Employment Initiative (BEEI), which is part of the Presidential Employment Stimulus (PES), the department aims to provide 287, 000 unemployed young people, (+/-192 000 Education Assistants and +/- 95 000 General School Assistants), with employment and training opportunities in the education sector.
Youth between the ages of 18 and 35 who are not already enrolled in school or training or receiving any type of government assistance, as well as young people with disabilities and women, are all welcome to apply for this valuable experience. Candidates who are chosen for placement will receive training in a variety of areas that will prepare them for future work prospects.
From November 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022, all successful candidates will be put in schools for a period of five months to pursue the following opportunities:
- Education Assistant – Curriculum
- Education Assistant – ICT/e-Cadres
- Education Assistant – Reading Champions
- General School Assistant – Child & Youth Care Worker
- General School Assistant – Handyman (no matric required)
- General School Assistant – Sports and Enrichment Agent (no matric required)
Read Also: Coca Cola Scholarship 2022-2023
To work as an Education Assistant, you must have a matric English certificate, as well as an NQF Level 4, 6, or 7 qualification certificate. A matric certificate is not essential for placement as a General School Assistant, but it will be an extra advantage for Infrastructure support and Sports and Enrichment Agents.
To work in the education field, you must be able to work well with others and in groups, have excellent communication skills, be a good listener, and have a strong interest in academics.
How to Apply for Education Assistant Placement Phase 2 in 2021
In order to apply for the placement, all applicants should follow the steps below:
- Visit www.sayouth.mobi
- Create a profile
- Submit your application online
Please Note: There will be no walk-in applications due to COVID-19 regulations.
Read Also: National Treasury Internship 2022/2023
If you receive notification that you have been selected for shortlisting, you must prepare the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Testimonials (former school, local chief, church leader, etc)
- Police clearance certificates
- Affidavit/Declaration by applicant stating he/she has no criminal record while awaiting the Police clearance
- Certified qualifications such as Matric, (where applicable: NQF Level 4 qualification certificate, for Education Assistant applicants with NQF level 6 and 7 an added advantage)
- Certified copy of identity document/ passport
The following platforms are important to follow for updates on BEEI Phase II: SA Youth – sayouth.mobi – for applications
Twitter: @DBE_BEEI https://twitter.com/DBE_BEEI(link is external)
Facebook: Basic Education Employment Initiative https://www.facebook.com/phase2beei
OTHER RELATED LINKS: