UP Application Status 2023-2024
UP Application Status Login 2023-2024
People still use the old style of application, which is a paper copy application that takes time to be processed by the school, despite the fact that the majority of applications are now completed online.
As a result, it takes time to process hard copy applications.
The application status page displays the names of successful applicants who have been admitted, as well as a link to download their acceptance letters.
If you want to enquire about the following, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 012 420 3111:
- You did not receive a confirmation letter.
- Your status indicates “awaiting results” despite the fact that you have already submitted your results as requested on your application form.
- You want to change your study programme.
- Always state your name, surname, student number, ID number and contact number in your email and give an outline of your enquiry.
- Check the correctness of your personal information as well as the status of your application on the MyUP Login(UP Portal) regularly.
The Online Application System is intended for use by new prospective students submitting an application to UP for the first time. It is not intended for students presently registered at the University of Pretoria.
The first 9 or so steps are common for all roles, but steps 10 through 13 are specifically for new Study Applicants – so that they are guided into their “Student Centre”.
- Go to UP’s website at www.up.ac.za
- Click on the link titled “My UP Login”. You will be taken to the UP Login page.
(As a first-time user of the UP Portal) Click on the button labelled “New user” which will take you to this function
- Enter your Username which would have been communicated to you and your SA National ID (or passport) (The data shown here included asterisks to mask the SA National ID used)
- You are then presented with the criteria that your proposed password must meet. Capture your proposed password (twice) … and click “Proceed”.
- Once your Password has been created, you will be requested to set up the answers to at least three “Challenge Questions” that you select.
- Decide which 3 (or more) questions you want to select against which you will store your responses.
- By providing answers to these Challenge Questions it facilitates a self-service mechanism for you to reset your password at a later date should you have forgotten your password – thereby avoiding you having to call our ITHelpDesk (if a Staff member or Guest) or the UP
- Student Help Desk (if Applicant or Student)
- Enter your responses to the selected “Challenge questions” and click “Save”
- You should receive a confirmation once your set-up of challenge questions has been completed. Click “OK”.
- You should then be returned to the login page used earlier (or you could navigate from www.up.ac.za to “My UP Login”).
Enter your Username plus the Password that you have just created ……. And click “Submit”. You should then be directed to whatever Portal is appropriate to your Role at UP, e.g. either
- Study Applicant
- Staff Member
If you have multiple Roles, you can toggle between the relevant Portals using the “MY VIEW” dropdown. The steps that follow are specific for UP Study Applicants logging onto the UP Portal for the first time ….
- If as a Study Applicant, you have completed Steps 1 through 9 above and have entered your Username and Password, then you should have landed on what is labelled as the “UP STUDY APPLICANT PORTAL”
If you are also a UP staff member or also a student/alumnus, you may have landed on a different Portal, but if you click on the “MY VIEW” dropdown you can swop to the APPLICANT portal On the “Study Applicant” Portal, you should see a number of smaller “portlets” (e.g. Credit Card payments; Password Self Service, etc.) that will each give access to specific functions. Note that one of the portlets is titled “Student Centre” – and within that portlet are various hyperlinks, one of which is also labelled as “Student Centre”.
- Click either on the hyperlink labelled as “Student Centre”, or on the green “GO” button. This should open a screen with a collection of “tiles” – that all relate to a workspace collection titled “UP Student Self-Service”.
- Note the tile labelled “UP Student Centre” …
Clicking on this “UP Student Centre” tile will take you to a collection of hyperlinks …. Not all of these links will (initially) function for Study Applicants, but take note that:
- The “Admission Status” link will allow you to track the status of your Study Application
- The “Upload Support Documents” link will allow any document you ever wish to upload, or are requested to upload, to be processed
- The “Communications” link shows all system-generated communications previously sent to you
- For more information kindly visit the school’s official Website for more info about the steps. Click here
- Congratulations if your name is among the successful candidates on the admission lists of the University of Pretoria (UP).
Contact The University Of Pretoria
- University of Pretoria
- Private Bag x 20
- GIBS | Groenkloof | Hatfield
- Hillcrest | Mamelodi | Onderstepoort | Prinshof
Student Service Centre (for Contact students):
- Contact Centre – Telephone: 012 420 3111
- Contact Centre – Email: email@example.com
UP Online Call Centre (for Online Students):
- Call Centre – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit The Official Website Of The University Of Pretoria For More Details