UP Online Application Status
UP Online Application Status: The University of Pretoria application status can be checked online. If you are an applicant and have applied but haven’t received any response from the institution well there is nothing to worry about because they may be processing your application.
After the application process, students monitor their application status at the University of Pretoria and knowing if their application has been accepted or rejected can be a little nerve-wracking. Because of this, we have provided a streamlined procedure that will direct you in tracking the status of your application to the University of Pretoria for the 2024 academic year. Follow the instructions below to verify the status of your application through the University of Pretoria online application portal:
How To Check University Of Pretoria Application Status 2024-2025
To check the status of your application, please click MyUP Login(UP Portal)to access your Student Centre.
Acceptance of admission
If you have been admitted conditionally or unconditionally, please visit the MyUP Login(UP Portal)‘ Student Centre’ to accept or reject the place that has been allocated to you.
If you want to enquire about the following, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 012 420 3111:
- You did not receive a confirmation letter.
- Your status indicates “awaiting results” despite the fact that you have already submitted your results as requested on your application form.
- You want to change your study programme.
- Always state your name, surname, student number, ID number and contact number in your email and give an outline of your enquiry.
- Check the correctness of your personal information as well as the status of your application on the MyU P Login(UP Portal) regularly.
However, it can be tricky to figure out what each status means and how to proceed through the process. This guide will help you understand everything about the UP admission request status.
- Pending Review: This indicates that the University of Pretoria has received the admission request. The admission request needs to be reviewed before determining what documents if any, are required to complete the application. Applicants should check back for updates; the application status will remain as Pending Review until an admission decision has been made.
- Requires Action: Indicates that items are missing from the admission request. Applicants should check back for updates to their UP online application tool for Unresolved Items
- Complete: Indicates that all the items required to complete the application have been received. Applicants can verify that items have been received by selecting the show items attachment link and looking for Completed Items.
- Admitted: Indicates admission to the program specified. Some offers of admission may come with conditions.
- Provisional Admission: Indicates admission to the program specified with a faculty-specific provision. There is a requirement to submit all outstanding To-Do List items for this program and meet other provisions stated by your faculty.
- Cleared Provisional Admission: Indicates that all the faculty-specific provisions of the admission have been met. Final Admission to the program specified is now confirmed.
- Ineligible: Indicates that admission to the program specified has been denied. The minimum requirements for consideration of admission have not been met.
- Quota Filled: Indicates that admission to the program specified has been denied. Although the minimum admission requirements for the program may have been met, the application was not competitive.
- Cancelled: Indicates the admission request has been cancelled.
Online Application System instructions
- UP applications open on 1 March of the year preceding the year of study.
- Each prospective student must complete only one online application. On the online application, the University of Pretoria offers a first and second choice in terms of what you wish to study. All applicants should fill in both a first and second choice on the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number(EMPLID).
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet. Admission is a separate process that your application undergoes after being evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own online application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents, or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at your own risk. It is of utmost importance that you provide your personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
- For the application for Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education) please visit the “Distance Education ” web page before you apply. Different rules are applicable.
- It is important to note that should you wish to study the selection programs BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture), you must indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programs. It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programs as your first choice on the online application.
Contact The University Of Pretoria
- University of Pretoria
- Private Bag x 20
- GIBS | Groenkloof | Hatfield
- Hillcrest | Mamelodi | Onderstepoort | Prinshof
Student Service Centre (for Contact students):
- Contact Centre – Telephone: 012 420 3111
- Contact Centre – Email: email@example.com
UP Online Call Centre (for Online Students):
- Call Centre – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the University Of Pretoria click here. We do hope this article was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.