UP Status Of Application
UP Status Of Application
How to check on your University of Pretoria application
Haven’t received a response for your University of Pretoria (UP) application for admission? Don’t fret – simply check the status of your application.
Then you apply to study at University of Pretoria (UP), you can usually expect response few days after the application closing date. However, if you still haven’t heard back from the University of Pretoria (UP) it might be time to take things into your own hands. It’s not a difficult process, but to make things even easier, we’ve provided you with the below link which you can access.
To check the status of your application, please click MyUP Login(UP Portal)to access your Student Centre.
Acceptance of admission
If you have been admitted conditionally or unconditionally, please visit the MyUP Login(UP Portal)‘Student Centre’ to accept or reject the place that has been allocated to you.
If you want to enquire about the following, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 012 420 3111:
- You did not receive a confirmation letter.
- Your status indicates “awaiting results” despite the fact that you have already submitted your results as requested on your application form.
- You want to change your study programme.
- Always state your name, surname, student number, ID number and contact number in your email and give an outline of your enquiry.
- Check the correctness of your personal information as well as the status of your application on the MyUP Login(UP Portal) regularly.
- UP applications open on 1 March of the year preceding the year of study.
- Each prospective student must complete only one online application. On the online application the University of Pretoria offers a first and second choice in terms of what you wish to study. All applicants should fill in both a first and second choice on the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number(EMPLID).
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet. Admission is a separate process that your application undergoes after being evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own online application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at your own risk. It is of utmost importance that you provide your personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
- For the application for Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education) please visit the “Distance Education ” web page before you apply. Different rules are applicable.
- It is important to note that should you wish to study the selection programmes BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture), you must indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programmes. It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programmes as your first choice on the online application.