SMU Online Application
SMU Online Application; SMU Application Status
Thank you for your interest to study at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU). For information on admission requirements and relevant school subjects, refer to the Undergraduate Prospectus by clicking here and the Admissions Selection Rules by clicking here. You are allowed to apply for only two study choices.
You can apply either online or manually. However, online applications are currently limited to undergraduate qualifications for South African and International applicants who have written or are studying towards the National Senior Certificate (NSC) and Independent Examinations Board (IEB) certificate or studying at other South African Universities. Applications for postgraduate studies and Short Learning Programmes (excluding Higher Certificate: Vaccinology) should be done manually. Applicants are encouraged to apply before the closing date because late applications will not be considered. SMU Online Application
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: SMU Application Status
- Applications should be submitted online.
Consent to process personal Information:
- You grant the University permission to process your personal information by submitting this application, and you acknowledge that the University reserves the right to check the information provided. The University, on the other hand, is committed to abiding by the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) No. 4 of 2013 and to making sure that any personal information provided is only used for the intended purpose.
- Complete and accurate completion of the application is required.
- The names must match those on your identity or passport document.
- You may only apply for two different study options. Your first pick will be the first qualification you select, and your second choice will be the second qualification you select. You should choose the qualification name and code from the offered “List of Values.”
- You should only fill out the residence area if you intend to live in the university residence.
- You must pay the R200.00 non-refundable application fee. When making a payment, provide your student or ID number as a reference.
- Because it won’t be feasible to submit your application after the closing dates, you are recommended to apply before those days
To apply online, you need access to the internet and a valid email address. Please ensure that you: SMU Application Status
- Complete the application accurately and fully.
- Write your names the same as they appear on your identity/passport document.
- Specify the names of the first-choice and second-choice degrees (if applicable)
- Complete the residence section (if applicable).
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of R200.00 and send proof of payment. Use your ID/ passport/ student number generated by the system when making payment.
Please remember to upload the following certified and individually scanned documents:
- Copy of your ID/passport document (compulsory).
- Copy of your final Grade 11 results or your National Senior/Matric/ IEB Certificate (if you have already completed Grade 12).
- Copy of your degree certificate(s) and academic record(s) (if you attended other universities).
- Copy of your marriage certificate/divorce decree (if applicable).
- Proof of non-refundable application fee payment of R200.
Banking Details are as follows:
Account name: SMU; Bank name: Standard Bank, Account no.: 071244395 Branch no.: 020909; Ref no.: Your ID/ Passport number/ Student number
- Your application will not be processed if you have not submitted all the required application documentation mentioned above.
- If you have not submitted the required documentation within a period of two months, unfortunately, your application will not be considered.
- The University receives more applications than it can accommodate and meeting admissions requirements does not guarantee admission.
- There are limited places in University residence and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in residence. The places are awarded on a first come first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
- All non-South African citizens and non-permanent residents are required to obtain a study permit prior to registering as students. Applications for study permits should be submitted to the South African Home Affairs, Consulate, or High Commissioner in your country of residence/origin, and it would be issued in favor of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University and to be submitted during registration.
- Application forms submitted after the closing dates will not be considered.
Consent to process personal information
- by continuing with this application, you give consent to the University to process your personal information and that the University reserves the right to verify and validate the correctness of the information provided.
- the University is committed to protecting personal information provided in compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) No. 4 of 2013.
- if the information provided is found to be misrepresented or untruthful after an admission offer has been made, the admission offer will be revoked immediately and no further correspondence will be entered into with the prospective student concerned.
- If you need more information, call 012-521 4058/5886/4315/4319/4137/4204/4979
Please continue with the application process until the end (by pressing the submit button)