UJ Status Of Application
UJ Status Of Application
Do you want to know your Application status at the University Of Johannesburg? Whether processed, accepted, or rejected? Well, According to the University Of Johannesburg, application verification takes time. The University Of Johannesburg may not respond to your application for six to eight weeks after the deadline which means you may check the progress of your application six weeks following the application deadline.
Checking application status at the University Of Johannesburg may be challenging for students and New Applicants, you need to check your status through the official student portal of the University Of Johannesburg. This makes it simple and easier.
In this article, you will get to know how you can access your application status at the UP portal login. To begin with, you will need the following to access your status online.
READ: UJ Online Application For 2024-2025
How To Check UJ Online Application Status
- Go to the UJ Admission Portal via: https://student.uj.ac.za/status.aspx
- Kindly enter your student number below, if you do not have a student number you may also use your ID/Passport number to search.
- Log in with your Application Details, i.e. Your username and password or index number.
- Navigate to the Admission Letter section to download and print your admission letter.
Possible UJ Admission Status Results
The University of Johannesburg admission status page displays a number of different statuses associated with applicant applications and the process by which they are evaluated. Let’s look at what the admittance status signifies in more detail
- Pending Review: Suggests that the University of the University of Johannesburg has received the application. Before establishing what documents, if any, are required to complete the application, it is necessary to evaluate it. Applicants should check back for developments; until an admission decision is announced, the application status will remain Pending Review.
- Requires Action: Indicates that parts of the application are lacking. Applicants should revisit their UJ online application tool for updates on Unresolved Items.
- Admitted: Indicates acceptance into the selected program. Some admissions offers may come with caveats.
- Provisional Admission: Under this term, students are admitted to a program that has a faculty-specific requirement. This program requires you to submit all outstanding To-Do List items as well as complete any other requirements set forth by your instructor.
- Cleared Provisional Admission: Indicates that all of the admission’s faculty-specific requirements have been met. Admission to the chosen program has now been confirmed in its entirety.
- Ineligible: This status indicates that admission to the specified program has been denied. The bare minimums for admission consideration have not been reached.
- Quota Filled: Admission to the program indicated has been rejected because the quota has been filled. Despite meeting the program’s basic admission requirements, the application was not successful.
- Cancelled: Withdrawn applications are indicated by this status.
READ: UJ Online Application Status
What Do I Do If My UJ Application Is Approved?
- University of Johannesburg (UJ) will send you an email informing they have accepted you as a student at the university.
- If you still want to attend the University of Johannesburg, you must accept the admission offer.
- After accepting the offer, you must register to enrol for the upcoming academic year.
What to Do If Your UL Application Is Declined?
- You’ll have to apply for admission if the application is still open.
- However, if the application is closed, you’ll have to apply for admission when the UJ late application opens.
- If you miss the late application, then you’ll have to wait for the next academic year when applications are open at UJ to submit your application.
Applications open on 1 April of the year preceding the year of intended study and close on 31 October at 12:00 noon
READ: UJ Check My Status
The University of Johannesburg Online Application Fee
No fees are payable (except for the registration fee (of R610,00) and ICT levy (R430,00) which are non-refundable).
The University of Johannesburg Online Application Requirements
- Final School leaving results when applying with international credentials or currently in Grade 12 (Final Grade 11 results)
- Valid South African ID, Birth Certificate or Passport
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of learning and teaching (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 6 and TOEFL at an average score of 80–104 for Undergraduate programmes) Alternatively, you may elect to write the University of Johannesburg English Language Programme Test (UJELP).
- Should you choose to write the University of Johannesburg English Language Programme Test (UJELP), Mr Malibongwe Masango will be the contact person for UJELP. Mr Masango is contactable on +27 (0) 11 559 4265 or email@example.com
Applicants who are attending or have attended a University within or outside the Republic of South Africa must submit an academic transcript that covers the period of study, especially if they intend on being granted exemption from modules or courses at University.
READ: UJ Application Status Check
How To Apply To the University of Johannesburg
Applicants may apply online or they may make use of the hard copy UJ Application form.
To apply online, click here
To download the hard copy of the application forms click here. This application must be submitted to the Student Enrolment Centre or be mailed to the University.
While online applications are free for applicants, those who complete the hard copy of the application form will have to pay a non-refundable application fee of R200.
All supporting documents may be uploaded on the application platform or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- School of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of law
- Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment
- Faculty of Humanities
UJ Contact Details
Head of School
Prof Annlizé Marnewick
Registration/Examination Marks Related Queries:
Ms Nkhensani Ngobeni
Tel: 011 559 2109
Ms Gina Rautenbach
Tel: 011 559 1732
Fees/Finance-Related Queries: Student Finance
Tel: 011 559 2981 / 3935
For more information on the University of Johannesburg click here. We do hope this article was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.