Apply For University Of Pretoria
Apply For University Of Pretoria
All prospective students must read through all the steps carefully below to be able to determine which actions are relevant for their application for 2021. International applicants should read as well as we have outlined the steps below with specific reference of relevance information we have written on this page.
- Always state your name, surname, student number, ID number and contact number in your email and give an outline of your enquiry.
- Check the correctness of your personal information as well as the status of your application on the MyUP Login(UP Portal) regularly.
The Online Application System is intended for use by new prospective students submitting an application to UP for the first time. It is not intended for students presently registered at the University of Pretoria.
- UP applications open on 1 March of the year preceding the year of study.
- Each prospective student must complete only one online application. On the online application the University of Pretoria offers a first and second choice in terms of what you wish to study. All applicants should fill in both a first and second choice on the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number(EMPLID).
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet. Admission is a separate process that your application undergoes after being evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own online application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at your own risk. It is of utmost importance that you provide your personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
- For the application for Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education) please visit the “Distance Education ” web page before you apply. Different rules are applicable.
- It is important to note that should you wish to study the selection programmes BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture), you must indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programmes. It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programmes as your first choice on the online application.
To use the Online Application System you will need the following:
- internet access
- an email address which you can access regularly, because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Click on the videos link below for a step-by step guide on how to use the online application system, UP Portal and online contract.
1. Online Applications
Online Application System instructions
UP Residence Application
Apply for residence placement ; The Online Application has a section to be completed if you are interested in residence placement
Residence placement is based on academic merit and date of application.
�The demand for accommodation by far exceeds the available spaces. Apply as soon as possible from 1 March.
�Preference is given to students with an academic average of 75% and above. More information is available at www.up.ac.za/accommodation.
�To qualify for guaranteed placement in a UP residence, the prospective student must:– apply before 1 May in the year preceding studies;– have obtained a minimum average of 85% in the examination with which the student applies to study at UP; and– be conditionally admitted to a programme. For more information is available at www.up.ac.za/accommodation