Apply To University Of Pretoria
Apply To University Of Pretoria
Applications for admission to undergraduate study programs are due on particular dates in the year before the year of study for both South Africans and foreign nationals. To make sure you submit your application on time, see the list of submission deadlines provided below. As soon as you complete your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be provided to this email address as confirmation of receipt, thus you must have regular access to it in order to utilize the online application system. University of Johannesburg
To check the status of your application, please click MyUP Login(UP Portal)to access your Student Center.
Acceptance of admission
If you have been admitted conditionally or unconditionally, please visit the MyUP Login(UP Portal)‘Student Center’ to accept or reject the place that has been allocated to you.
If you want to enquire about the following, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 012 420 3111:
- You did not receive a confirmation letter.
- Your status indicates “awaiting results” despite the fact that you have already submitted your results as requested on your application form.
- You want to change your study program. University of Johannesburg
- Always state your name, surname, student number, ID number, and contact number in your email and give an outline of your inquiry.
- Check the correctness of your personal information as well as the status of your application on the MyUP Login(UP Portal) regularly.
The Online Application System is intended for use by new prospective students submitting an application to UP for the first time. It is not intended for students presently registered at the University of Pretoria.
To use the Online Application System you will need the following:
- Internet access
- an email address that you can access regularly because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Click on the video link below for a step-by-step guide on how to use the online application system, UP Portal, and online contract.
1. Online Applications
Online Application System instructions
- UP applications open on 1 March of the year preceding the year of study.
- Each prospective student must complete only one online application. On the online application, the University of Pretoria offers a first and second choice in terms of what you wish to study. All applicants should fill in both a first and second choice on the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number(EMPLID).
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet. Admission is a separate process that your application undergoes after being evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own online application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents, or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents, or agencies, you do so at your own risk. It is of utmost importance that you provide your personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
- For the application for Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education) please visit the “Distance Education ” web page before you apply. Different rules are applicable.
- It is important to note that should you wish to study the selection programs BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture), you must indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programs. It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programs as your first choice on the online application.