Online Application At Rhodes University
Online Application At Rhodes University
Online Application For Rhodes University, All applications for Undergradaute, Postgraduate and the various Qualifications must be done online via the official website of the university at www.ru.ac.za.
The online application form has been released for the pending academic ydear, Therefore intersted students must visit the site to complete the application form to apply NOW.
List of Departments
- Afrikaans and Netherlandic Studies
- African Languages
- Biochemistry, Microbiology
- Biotechnology Innovation Centre
- Business School
- Centre for Higher Education Research, Teaching and Learning
- Classical Studies
- Computer Science
- Economics and Economics History
- English Language and Linguistics
- Environmental Science
- Extended Studies Unit
- Fine Art
- Human Kinetics and Ergonomics
- Ichthyology and Fisheries Science
- Information Systems
- Journalism & Media Studies
- Literary Studies in English
- Mathematics (Pure and Applied)
- Modern Fiction
- Music & Musicology
- Physics and Electronics
- Political and International Studies
- School of Languages
- Zoology and Entomology
READ: Rhodes University Online Application (RU)
Rhodes Online Application
1: Population Group e.g. Indian, Coloured, White
They pose this query because some donors have made it clear that only certain races are eligible for their bursaries. Also, the government needs this data for statistical purposes.
The Lease indicates any physical disabilities
Blindness, cerebral palsy, deafness, paraplegia, limited hearing, and wheelchair use are a few examples of disabilities.
This information is required so that they can help you with your needs; it won’t affect your application.
However, you will not be able to request any accommodations in this area during your registration at Rhodes University if you fail to disclose a condition in your application (e.g. extra time in examinations, etc.)
2: Choices of Degree/Diploma
Under Curriculum Selection, there is a list of the degrees that are offered at Rhodes.
ATTENDANCE AT A PRIOR TERTIARY INSTITUTE
You must provide a copy of a complete academic transcript that includes your final grades if you have ever attended or are currently enrolled at another institution.
The Dean may wait until your final results are available before making a judgment based on midyear results.
Could you kindly supply a transcript from the school? not a Result Slip.
4: Examination Results
If you have already matriculated or completed your O levels / A levels it is essential that you enclose a certified copy of the certificate.
Please only complete the section relevant to your schooling (only if you are currently at school).
Please refrain from using Tippex on your results or making any other changes.
Ensure that your school’s principal fills out this area.
And keep in mind that even if you don’t have enough points to be admitted, the university will still be able to evaluate your potential with the help of a favorable principal report.
This section does not need to be finished if you have graduated.
Rhodes university online application 2024 undergraduate
5: Current year’s activity
DO YOU NEED THE UNIVERSITY’S FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE?
Only respond “Yes” if you are unable to find funds elsewhere (e.g. a student loan at a bank).
Tell them some more details about yourself.
Current Year’s activity
Select one of the following: a grade 12 student (to improve your grades), a university student, a technikon student, a student at a technical college or institute, a student at a teachers’ training college, or a member of the labor force (i.e. working).
A letter outlining your activities might be very helpful if you have been working or traveling.
6 & 7
Fully fill out Section Two of the form, including as much information as you can.
This part will be read by the deans when they evaluate your application.
If you do not have the necessary amount of points for admission, it is very crucial.
Rhodes university application status
8: Declaration and agreement
Make sure that both you and your parent/guardian sign this page of the form – if this is not done, the form will be returned to you.
Do not forget to include the relevant application fee.
- The syllabi and course content, confirmed by the institution from where you received your education outside of South Africa, must be included with your application if you want to request exemptions based on those courses. It is your obligation to offer a certified translation if the course materials are not in English
- When completing your application, you may request credit for any courses you’ve taken at another South African university. (Include a letter outlining all the credit information you’d like taken into account.)Only after receiving an official transcript of results from the other university will credits be issued.
Closing dates and application fees
All applications should be submitted before the end of September
The application Fee is R100
Apply online visit: www.ru.ac.za/admissiongateway