Rhodes University Courses Offered
Rhodes University Courses Offered
These are just a few examples of the courses Rhodes University offers. The university also provides doctoral degrees in a variety of subjects along with a postgraduate diploma and certificate programs. Throughout its six faculties, Rhodes University offers a broad selection of undergraduate and graduate courses. These are some examples of the available courses: Rhodes university courses pdf
Faculty of Science:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science Honours (BSc Hons) in Environmental Science, Chemistry, or Geology
Faculty of Humanities:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English, History, Philosophy, or Anthropology
- Bachelor of Social Science (BSocSci) in Psychology, Politics, International Studies, or Sociology
Faculty of Law:
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) – a professional degree in law
- Master of Laws (LLM) in Constitutional and Administrative Law, Human Rights Law, or International Law
Faculty of Pharmacy:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) – a professional degree in pharmacy
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in African Studies
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Health Sciences
Faculty of Education:
- Bachelor of Education (BEd) in Foundation Phase, Intermediate Phase, or Senior and FET Phase Education
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in various teaching specializations
Faculty of Commerce:
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in Accounting, Economics, Information Systems, or Management
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours (BCom Hons) in Accounting, Economics, or Management
FOUR REASONS to make Rhodes University your ACADEMIC choice.
The Rhodes ‘general formative degree’, allows students to choose two subjects as majors, offering enormous flexibility within and across faculties.
Does your interest lie in Physics and Music, Environmental Science, and Law?
If your schedule allows, you can do these and many other combinations. Many students choose to major in areas they have never imagined because they ‘found their passion’ along the way. The flexibility of the Rhodes degree offers advantages such as; changing degree routes without having to repeat subjects or, in a worst-case scenario, repeating years.
READY FOR A DEGREE WITH LASTING VALUE?
The job market is changing at a fast pace thanks to advances in technology and other areas – jobs may not exist in their current format or even may not exist at all in 10 years! The general formative degrees offered at Rhodes provide students with in-depth knowledge and skills across two disciplinary areas. This allows students to work across a wide range of careers.
Furthermore, there is ample evidence, our graduates with this degree are employable, with many opting to do a range of more narrowly focused, on-year vocational ‘top-up’ qualifications.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Rhodes is part of a small group of research-intensive universities in South Africa, and significantly, the only research-intensive university located outside a major urban area. This positioning has enormous implications for students’ learning experience, with many undergraduate courses’ curricula comprising ‘service-learning’ where students use their knowledge to engage with local communities through various projects.
The University has extensive volunteer programs which feature projects such as the undergraduates’ weekly mentorship program at local schools. The advantages of being a university in a small town mean proximity to various locations making volunteering and service-learning a practical proposition. Many students tout their community engagement experience as one of the most positive aspects of their time at Rhodes – attesting to the maturity and knowledge gained; from experiencing diversity to contributing in make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate.
READY FOR HIGH-QUALITY TEACHING?
The demands of study at university are very different from high school. First-year classes are usually larger than any experienced at school, and students must do much of the learning on their own.
PO Box 94
Makhanda (Grahamstown) 6140
Eastern Cape, South Africa
+27 46 603 8111