Stellenbosch University In South Africa
Stellenbosch University In South Africa
Stellenbosch University (SU) is among the best leading tertiary institutions in South Africa, it also has the highest student success rate in the country.
According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, SU is one of the top 300 universities in the world, and among the top 20 in BRICS countries. Stellenbosch University is a public research university situated in Stellenbosch, a town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. Stellenbosch is the oldest university in South Africa and the oldest extant university in Sub-Saharan Africa, together with the University of Cape Town
Not attending Stellenbosch University afford you high-quality education and resources, but it also has a picturesque and vibrant setting. Student culture is important at Stellenbosch where they aim to deliver vibrant student communities. SU is known as a residential campus with an active residential life, which makes residence placement sought-after among students. Before proceeding to the Stellenbosch University Application Form, We recommend that You review the SUN Prospectus so that You can understand this institution and How It works better.
Stellenbosch University Campuses
The University of Stellenbosch has 5 main campuses:
- Main Campus found in Stellenbosch
- Medicine and Health Sciences Campus found in Tygerberg
- Military Sciences Campus based in Saldanha
- Economic and Management Sciences Campus located in Bellville Park
- Ukwanda Rural Clinic School found in Worcester
Stellenbosch University (SU) has ten faculties:
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Education (Foundation Phase)
- Education (Intermediate Phase)
- Medicine and Health Sciences
– Speech-Language and Hearing Therapy
– Occupational Therapy
Stellenbosch University Application Date
- Undergraduate Applications and Residences are open from Monday 4 April and close on Sunday 31 July.
- Postgraduate Applications for the Stellenbosch and Tygerberg campuses are open from Monday 11 April
- PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) Applications open on 1 July
READ: Stellenbosch University Business School
Stellenbosch University Admission Requirements
Basic admission requirements for university study:
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Independent Examinations Board (IEB) school-leaving certificate as certified by Umalusi with admission to bachelor’s degree studies.
- A university exemption certificate issued by the South African Matriculation Board to students with other school qualifications.
- The minimum academic requirement for a bachelor’s degree is:
- 30% for a South African Language of Learning and Teaching (English or Afrikaans) and
- An achievement rating of 4 (50% – 59%) in four 20-credit subjects
- Only School of Tomorrow applicants has to write the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) if applying for a programme in AgriSciences.
Faculty requirements for programmes leading to a qualification in Viticulture and/or Oenology:
- An average of at least 60% in the NSC, IEB or relevant final school examination.
The average is calculated by taking your highest score in the Language of Learning and Teaching subject (English or Afrikaans) + (5 x best results in 20-credit subjects excluding Life orientation and Mathematics 3). The total divided by 6 equals your NSC average.
- Afrikaans or English (Home Language or First Additional Language) 4 (50%)
- Mathematics 5 (60%)
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) 4 (50%)
READ: Apply To Stellenbosch University
How to Apply to Stellenbosch University
- Explore your options. For more information on the courses SU offers, click here.
- Take note of the closing dates for applications.
- Select your programme.
- Start your application. Click here to log in and complete it.
- Make sure you upload all your required documents.
- Final grade 11/12 results (if applicable, academic transcript)
- Signed contract
- Proof of application fee payment (R100)
- Non-SA citizens need to provide proof of permanent residence
- Students with disabilities need to provide a student support form found here
- Some faculties require additional specific documents
- Write the National Benchmark Test
Monitor your application status here
- Apply for financial support
Stellenbosch University Location And Contact Details
Telephone: +27 21 808 9111
Fax: +27 21 808 3822
Private Bag X1
Administration B Building, Victoria Street, Stellenbosch
18° 51′ 47.536″ East
33° 56′ 1.327″ South
For more information on Stellenbosch University click here. We do hope this article was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.