SU Admission Requirements
SU Admission Requirements: Are you thinking about enrolling at Stellenbosch University but unsure if you meet the requirements? Since we’ve broken down all the prerequisites for admission in one piece, you can easily find Stellenbosch University entry requirements and determine which qualification matches your grade or result.
According to the administration of Stellenbosch University, all applicants should be aware of these admission requirements before submitting an application for admission. If you’re a Stellenbosch University applicant who needs to know the complete entry requirements, this post will fix your issue and show you the approachable admissions courses and requirements.
On this page, you can find all the information you require regarding the entrance requirements for incoming undergraduate and graduate students at Stellenbosch University. Please follow along as we simplify and streamline the enrollment process at Stellenbosch University. Below are the prerequisites for admission to Stellenbosch University. Applicants must thoroughly read the guidelines before submitting an application.
READ: SU Undergraduate Prospectus
Stellenbosch University Application Date
- Undergraduate Applications and Residences are open from 4 April and close on 31 July.
- Postgraduate Applications for the Stellenbosch and Tygerberg campuses are open from 11 April
- PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) Applications open on 1 July
READ: Stellenbosch University Online Application SU
Stellenbosch University Admission Requirements
Basic admission requirements for university study:
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Independent Examinations Board (IEB) school-leaving certificate as certified by Umalusi with admission to bachelor’s degree studies.
- A university exemption certificate issued by the South African Matriculation Board to students with other school qualifications.
- The minimum academic requirement for a bachelor’s degree is:
- 30% for a South African Language of Learning and Teaching (English or Afrikaans) and
- An achievement rating of 4 (50% – 59%) in four 20-credit subjects
- Only School of Tomorrow applicants has to write the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) if applying for a programme in AgriSciences.
Faculty requirements for programmes leading to a qualification in Viticulture and/or Oenology:
- An average of at least 60% in the NSC, IEB or relevant final school examination.
The average is calculated by taking your highest score in the Language of Learning and Teaching subject (English or Afrikaans) + (5 x best results in 20-credit subjects excluding Life orientation and Mathematics 3). The total divided by 6 equals your NSC average.
- Afrikaans or English (Home Language or First Additional Language) 4 (50%)
- Mathematics 5 (60%)
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) 4 (50%)
READ: Dut Online Application
How to Apply to Stellenbosch University
- Explore your options. For more information on the courses SU offers, click here.
- Take note of the closing dates for applications.
- Select your programme.
- Start your application. Click here to log in and complete it.
- Make sure you upload all your required documents.
- Final grade 11/12 results (if applicable, academic transcript)
- Signed contract
- Proof of application fee payment (R100)
- Non-SA citizens need to provide proof of permanent residence
- Students with disabilities need to provide a student support form found here
- Some faculties require additional specific documents
- Write the National Benchmark Test
Monitor your application status here
- Apply for financial support
READ: Stellenbosch University Engineering
SU Contact Details
- Private Bag X1,
- Matieland, 7602,
- Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Tel.: +27 21 808 9111
Mondays – Fridays:
08H00 – 12H45
13H45 – 16H30
For more information on Stellenbosch University click here. We do hope this article was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.