Stellenbosch University Registration 2024-2025
Stellenbosch University Registration 2024-2025: Once students have been finally accepted by Stellenbosch University they will be required to register online, by email or on campus in order to be enrolled on the programme they applied for. The university has asked that those who have been finally accepted make use of the online registration system and only use email or on-campus registration if they experience any issue with the online system or process.
When registering online by themselves, students must make use of the online registration portal on a computer with internet access. Email registration is only applicable to Postgraduate students and returning undergraduate students of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences without access to the self-registration/online registration system.
Students in Undergraduate or Postgraduate programmes who were unable to register using the self-registration/online registration system or email are allowed to make use of on-campus registration. Kindly follow the simple steps below to register at Stellenbosch University. Stellenbosch University Registration 2024-2025
Stellenbosch University Registration Schedule 2024-2025
- 3 January 2024: Start of online and on-campus registration for returning undergraduate and postgraduate students of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- 16 January 2024: Start of online registration for senior undergraduate and postgraduate students
- 25 January 2024: Start of online registration for newcomer first-year students
- 6 – 7 February 2024: On-campus registration (NARGA) of newcomer first-years on the Stellenbosch campus, as per the registration schedule below
- 7 – 9 February 2024: On-campus registration for senior students on the Stellenbosch campus, as per the registration schedule below
- 9 February 2024: Conclusion of registration for all students (excluding M and D students)
- 13 February 2024: Start of the academic year
- 24 February 2024: Final day for late registration of undergraduate and postgraduate students (excluding M and D students)
Stellenbosch University Registration Process 2024-2025
The following registration options are available:
Option 1: Self-registration/online registration
- As most students are able to register online, we encourage you to make use of the online registration portal.
- Self-registration can be done via my.sun.ac.za from any computer with internet access.
- The following students will not have access to self-registration:
– Those who have one or more proof-of-admissibility documents outstanding (e.g. matriculation exemption certificate, advice of results, or post-matriculation proof of admissibility)
– Those whose readmission to the University is not in order
– Those whose student accounts with the University are in arrears (debtors). If your account and first registration instalment have been paid in full and have been captured as such by the Student Fees Division, and you meet all other requirements for self-registration, you will be able to self-register. Please see the student fees section below.
– Those who have been accepted by the University for postgraduate programmes and are registering for that programme for the first time in 2024 (postgraduate newcomers)
– Those who register for special programmes or as a special student
– Those whose academic record at the end of the previous year showed a final result other than “Pass year”
Option 2: Email registration (postgraduate programmes, and returning undergraduate students of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences)
- This option is only applicable to postgraduate students and to returning undergraduate students of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences without access to the self-registration/online registration system.
- Students with outstanding 2024 fees will not be allowed to register (except for qualifying NSFAS recipients). Please first consult the staff in the relevant Bursaries and Loans office in this regard (contact details listed below).
- Please consult the contact list below for assistance with email registration.
- Postgraduate students will have received a registration form, which they can complete and return to SU by email. Please see the applicable contact details below in this regard.
Option 3: On-campus registration (undergraduate and postgraduate programmes)
- This option is only applicable to those without access to self-registration and who could not complete their registration via email either.
- All Stellenbosch campus students who could not register via the above registration options must register in the computer user area (NARGA) in Admin A. (The only exception is returning undergraduate students of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences based on the Stellenbosch campus, who can register with Mr Johan Coetzer in Room 3020, Admin A.)
- Students with outstanding 2024 fees will not be allowed to register (except for qualifying NSFAS recipients).
- Please see the below schedule for on-campus registration dates.
Please see the specific registration details for the Tygerberg Campus HERE.
READ: TUT Mytutor Access Guide
Submission of Documents
Students who completed any of the following qualifications during 2023 are NOT required to submit any results, as we will receive the download from the Department of Basic Education in January 2024:
- South African Comprehensive Assessment Institute (SACAI)
- Independent Examinations Board (IEB)
- National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- School of Tomorrow (SoT)
All other students who have completed any other qualification should please upload /send their final results as soon as it becomes available. This will ensure that we can process your admission as swiftly as possible. PLEASE CLICK HERE to upload your final results for verification.
SU Contact Details
- Private Bag X1,
- Matieland, 7602,
- Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Tel.: +27 21 808 9111
Mondays – Fridays:
08H00 – 12H45
13H45 – 16H30
For more information on Stellenbosch University click here. We do hope this article was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.