UCT Libraries came into being in 1905 when the printed resources accumulated by the then South African College were, for the first time, assembled into an organised collection by the incumbent professor of modern languages.
UCT Libraries is providing a virtual library service, which will be centred on:
- delivery of electronic information to users
- continued support for the full suite of research data services online
- support for the online teaching programme
- Sourcing, where possible, open access books and e-versions of textbooks with multiple licenses to support the online teaching
- Facilitating access to additional information and knowledge resources that are being made available by publishers/vendors at this time.
Librarians will provide learning and research support by offering/providing an in-depth reference service which includes, amongst others, lists of electronic information sources, course and assignment support, virtual research landscape analysis services to masters and PhD students, reference management and literature reviews.
Interlibrary Loans Support
For support for electronic information not available at UCT Libraries.
|Bongani Mayosi Health Sciences Libraryemail@example.com|
|WH Bell Music Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Main and other Branch Librariesemail@example.com|
The Principal Librarians listed below will make themselves available to support online teaching by:
- Becoming part of the online learning faculty teams
- Advising on open access alternatives to print only material
- Facilitating electronic purchase of material to support T&L
- Embedding electronic information resources in LibGuides
- Embedding electronic information resources in Vula
- Supporting the publication of OERs and the depositing of that in OpenUCT for wider dissemination and accessibility.
Science and EBE Principal Librarian, Amina Adam – firstname.lastname@example.org
Law Principal Librarian, Sadiq Keraan – email@example.com
Health Sciences Principal Librarian, Brandon Adams – firstname.lastname@example.org
Humanities Principal Librarian, Alex D’Angelo – email@example.com
Commerce & CHED Principal Librarian, Glynnis Johnson – Glynnis.firstname.lastname@example.org
Consult the Student Assignment/Project Orientation Guide for more information on proper research elements and processes, supplementary multi-media resources to compulsory and recommended reading lists, subject guides as well as writing, referencing and research tips for assignments.
Chancellor Oppenheimer Library
+27 21 650 3703
+27 21 650 3704
+27 21 650 3118
+27 21 650 3134
Health Sciences: +27 21 406 6138
Special Collections: +27 21 650 4089