UKZN Online Application Undergraduate 2024-2025
UKZN Online Application Undergraduate 2024-2025
The online application for UKZN Undergraduate 2024-2025 academic season has No closing date, therefore all prospective students can apply to the university at any time. Registrations are open throughout the year.
The University of KwaZulu-Natal was founded on January 1, 2004, when the University of Durban-Westville and the University of Natal merged to become the University of KwaZulu-Natal. The new institution brings together the important histories of the two previous universities. The university’s goal is to become Africa’s premier scholarship institution, and its mission is to become a truly South African university of choice that is academically excellent, research-driven, entrepreneurial, and socially engaged.
Kwazulu Natal University is open for the 2024-2025 academic year for all prospective students from far and near to apply from the 17th of January 2023. On Salisbury Island in Durban Bay, the University of Durban-Westville was founded in the 1960s as the University College for Indians. Due to the Congress Alliances’ intention of avoiding apartheid structures, student numbers were low during the 1960s. In the 1980s, this initiative was replaced with a “protest education” campaign, which tried to turn apartheid institutions into battlegrounds.
Closing Dates For South African Citizens
- Semester 1 (January intake)
- Medicine: 31 July: No late applications are accepted.
- All other programs: 30 September.
- • Applications close on 30 April.
Semester 2: (August Intake)
- Apply directly to UKZN.
- Applications close on 30 April.
- The application fee is payable to UKZN R200.
Please Note that 2024 Internal Transfer Applications will be opened on 1 June 2023.
Students must apply by downloading the Internal Transfer Form available via the web and emailing this to Enquiries@ukzn.ac.za
NOTE: South African First-time applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za
Masters(Research) and Doctoral Studies Application Date
- No closing date
UKZN Online Application Undergraduate 2024
Please be advised that the University is currently in recess. In light of the rapid spread of Covid-19, visits to University premises have been stopped and staff are dealing with queries via email at email@example.com
UKZN Internal Transfers
If you are a currently registered UKZN student and wish to apply for a different qualification please use the Internal Transfer Form and submit it to the Applications Office on your campus.
- For the Undergraduate Internal Transfer Form CLICK HERE
- For Postgraduate Internal Transfer Form (Excluding Masters or Doctoral Programmes) CLICK HERE
- For Postgraduate Internal Transfer Form (Masters and Doctoral Programmes) CLICK HERE
How to Apply To UKZN Online Application Undergraduate 2024-2025
UKZN has two methods of application. Choose one of the following:
- Online Web application
- Master (Research) and Doctoral Studies
- Applicants to undergraduate degree programs must be in possession of a National Senior Certificate for Degree Studies (NSC-Deg) or a Senior Certificate with endorsement.
- Applicants to undergraduate diploma programs must be in possession of a National Senior Certificate for Diploma studies (NSC-Dip) or Senior Certificate.
- In addition subject requirements and minimum Levels of performance in specific subjects are set for admission to UKZN programs. Applicants who did not include the correct subjects in their NSC-Deg or who did not obtain the required level of performance in specific subjects required for admission to a program, will not be considered.
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South African universities if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for international applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters’s Degree or Ph.D.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an international applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use the reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payments.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
- South African First-time Undergraduate applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za
For information regarding Academic Records please email the following emails:
For information on degree verification please email the following emails:
For information regarding Fees please email the following emails: