Online Application To UKZN
Online Application To UKZN
Please be advised that the University is currently in recess and that the application portal for Undergradaute, Postgraduate and other qualifications from inetersted students who wisgh to study at the institution for the pending academic season. In light of the rapid spread of Covid-19, visits to University premises have been stopped and staff are dealing with queries via email on firstname.lastname@example.org , Therefore, Internal Transfer Applications will be opened on 1 June.
Students must apply by downloading the Internal Transfer Form available via the web and emailing this to Enquiries@ukzn.ac.za.South African First-time applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za. Online Application To UKZN
UKZN Internal Transfers
If you are a currently registered UKZN student and wish to apply for a different qualification please use the Internal Transfer Form and submit it to the Applications Office on your campus.
- For Undergraduate Internal Transfer Form CLICK HERE
- For Postgraduate Internal Transfer Form (Excluding Masters or Doctoral Programmes)CLICK HERE
- For Postgraduate Internal Transfer Form (Masters and Doctoral Programmes)CLICK HERE
UKZN has two methods of applying.
Choose one of the following:
1. Online Web application
Master (Research) and Doctoral Studies
- No closing date
UKZN application status
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South African universities if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters’s Degree or Ph.D.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use the reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making the application fee payments.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
- South African First-time Undergraduate applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za
UKZN application status
The fact that there are a finite amount of spots available across all disciplines must be noted.
The most qualified candidates are chosen initially, and the process is repeated until all positions have been filled.
It is doubtful that candidates who score below the minimum published will be chosen.
Academic excellence is important to UKZN; however, not all applicants who achieve the minimum requirements will be given spots because demand exceeds the number of openings.
- Consult the CAO handbook that provides listings of qualifications available at the different institutions.
- Have a look through the various courses offered and choose a program that interests you and for which you may qualify. Pay attention to closing dates for qualifications.
- Find the program code that is linked to the qualification that you have chosen. This code needs to be entered on the application form.
- Use this program code when completing the CAO form, which is available from the CAO, the CAO website, the University’s Application, and Information Office at Howard College, or the Student Academic Administration Offices at Edgewood, Howard College, Pietermaritzburg, and Westville campuses.
- Apply online, by completing the online application form on the website: www.cao.ac.za
Application Process for International Students
- You must submit an application on the UKZN Undergraduate application form if you want to be considered for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree. UKZN must receive a non-refundable application fee. Include payment verification and all other documents that were needed when your application was submitted. Be careful to make sure your application reaches us prior to the deadline.
- Refugee candidates must have a current Section 41 permit or refugee identity card, which gives them the authorization to enroll in school. The same application requirements and costs as for local students apply. Apply through the Central Applications Office. Please call +27 (0)31 268 4444 or visit www.cao.ac.za for additional information. Before registering, international students must pay the entire tuition amount.
DBN: +27 31 260 1111
PMB:+27 33 260 5111
or Call +27 31 260 8596