up |University of Pretoria
The University of Pretoria, where leaders are moulded and dreams of greatness come to life. Whether you’re a prospective student, or already part of the UP family, we want you to know the ins and outs of being one of our valued students. At the University of Pretoria you’ll learn how to apply for your ideal course, when and where to send your application, and what you can expect from studying on our beautiful campus.
Why should you #ChooseUP? The answer is simple: because your success matters. We’re one of the world’s top universities, so you’ll be one of the world’s top graduates. This means that you will always be able to achieve the best for yourself. How is this possible? Well, we have many different ways of teaching and learning at UP. So you can always find additional notes, tips and resources online or practice your skills and use your knowledge in practical classes or by making a difference and helping with community work. We have support in place to help you to graduate on time, be ready for the workplace or able to start your own business. In addition to all of this, we have many different extramural arts, culture or sporting activities that you can participate in to help you grow and develop as a person beyond academic excellence.
UP Online Application Date
Applications for the 2024/2025 academic year will open on 1 April 2024 until June 2024. Interested students are entreated to submit their application NOW before the closing date.
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
How To Apply To UP
- Completed the full online application form, AND
- Uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .pdf format, AND
- Either paid the application fee by credit card OR upload proof of bank deposit at Standard Bank, Account Number 012602604 (see checklist) .
- If you have not clicked APPLY, your form has not been submitted.
Once your application has been successfully submitted after you have clicked VERIFY and APPLY:
- You will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the Online Application system.
- You will be informed by email what your allocated student number (EMPLID) is.
- You will also be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress and application results on the student portal.
University of Pretoria Contact Details
University of Pretoria
Private Bag x 20
GIBS | Groenkloof | Hatfield
Hillcrest | Mamelodi | Onderstepoort | Prinshof
Student Service Centre (for Contact students):
Contact Centre – Telephone: 012 420 3111
Contact Centre – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPOnline Call Centre (for Online Students):
Call Centre – Email: email@example.com
Hope the provided information is useful, kindly leave a comment in the comment section.