Vacancies At North West University
Vacancies At North West University
We are pleased to present to you an updated list of North West University’s latest vacancies and how to apply. It involves the Job titles, roles/responsibilities, requirements and salary involved.
Every year North West University publishes vacant positions for interested & qualified South African citizens to apply for. This year is not an exception. Therefore the Jobs are listed below, together with their requirements, roles, salary and qualifications. All interested applicants can continue reading through this article to apply early before the deadline.
Vacancies At North-West University
Postdoctoral Fellowship at MUST Deep Learning, NWU
Location: Potchefstroom and Hermanus
Vacancy At North-West University Duties & Responsibilities
The MUST Deep Learning research group performs basic and applied research in machine learning, with an emphasis on the theory and application of deep learning. Our theoretical work focuses on generalisation in deep learning, and the interpretability of deep learning models. Building on a strong track record in the application of machine learning to multilingual speech processing, our current application domains are diverse, ranging from space weather prediction to industrial applications of deep learning.
MUST form part of the Faculty of Engineering at North-West University (NWU), South Africa. It is a node of the South African National Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research (CAIR), and the coordinator of the “Machine learning in support of theoretical and computations sciences” research programme of The National Institute for Theoretical and Computational Sciences (NITheCS). As such, the group develops and applies specialised machine learning techniques with a network of collaborating researchers.
We invite South African and international fellows to join us as postdoctoral fellows. If you have a PhD in a related Engineering/Scientific field and have an interest in machine learning and deep neural networks, you are encouraged to apply.
If you are a successful candidate, MUST will provide you with exposure to an environment that conducts machine learning research of international standing. You will develop your research skills, collaborate and publish internationally, and grow your own research profile. You will work in collaboration with a supervisor and participate fully in the research programme of the group. You will also interact with the group’s postgraduate students, and have the opportunity to act as supervisor for research masters and doctoral students.
The fellowship is driven by merit and is awarded in line with the NWU policy on employment equity. The position is offered at one of two locations: Potchefstroom at the Faculty of Engineering, and Hermanus at the MUST research lab.
Duration and value of the fellowship
- The fellowship will be awarded for an initial period of one year and is renewable for a second and third year, contingent upon available funding, satisfactory performance on the research project(s) as agreed with the fellowship advisor and productive integration into the research group.
- You will be required to purchase private medical cover unless you can show evidence of suitable existing cover. Assistance in this regard can be provided by the International office.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Relevant PhD degree (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics), obtained within five years before the appointment as a postdoctoral fellow.
- Strong programming and/or scripting skills (especially Python).
- Good technical writing skills and a sound publication record.
- Ability to co-supervise students.
- Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- A prior machine learning experience is essential.
A short motivation of why you are interested in a postdoctoral fellowship at MUST should form part of your application.
Closing date: 28 February 2024
Commencement of duties: 1 March 2024 (flexible)
For Any Enquiries: Ulrike Janke email@example.com / 27 67 203 8092
North-West University Contact Details
Private Bag X1290
The Office of the Registrar
11 Hoffman Street
(+27 18) 299-1111
(+27 18) 299-2222
For more information on North West University click here. We do hope this article was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.