An application fee, as stipulated in the admission regulations of the CUT, must be paid before the deadline specified in the admission regulations.
Prospective students must provide the Assistant Registrar: Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services with their completed application forms for admission to the CUT as early as possible in the preceding academic year or semester.
A non-refundable application fee is payable with each application for admission. Once the Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services Unit have processed the applications, a selection list is drawn up and forwarded to the various faculties.
Upon receipt of the selection lists, the head of the department divides the applications into three (3) categories, namely:
- Applicants who meet all the admission requirements;
- Applicants are to be subjected to the testing of potential;
- Applicants who are considered academically unsuccessful.
READ: CUT Application Online
CUT Application Required Documents
- Current Matriculants: upload Final Grade 11 results or Grade 12 June results.
- Already Matriculated applicants: you will have to upload your certified ID and Senior Certificate.
- Higher Qualifications than matric: you will have to upload your certified ID, Senior Certificate, your qualification(s) and study record.
- Postgraduate Applicants: Visit the Head of the Department / Assistant Deans, Research Innovation and Engagement to discuss research projects for Master or Doctorate study before applying online. For more information, Postgraduate Studies
Faculties And Schools At CUT 2024-2025
Below is a list of Faculties and the various programmes offered at CUT;
ENGINEERING, BUILT ENVIRONMENT, AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- BUILT ENVIRONMENT
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONIC, AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- MATHEMATICAL AND PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- MECHANICAL AND MECHATRONIC ENGINEERING
- HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- HEALTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- DESIGN AND STUDIO ART
- EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL STUDIES
- LANGUAGE AND SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION
- MATHEMATICS, SCIENCE, AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
- POSTGRADUATE STUDIES IN EDUCATION
- MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- BUSINESS SUPPORT STUDIES
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT UNIT
- GOVERNMENT MANAGEMENT
- HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
- TOURISM AND EVENT MANAGEMENT
- TEACHING AND LEARNING
Contact Details Of Cut
Contact us for information about CUT
- Bloemfontein Campus: +27 (0) 51 507 3911
- Welkom Campus: +27 (0) 57 910 3500
- Please address all correspondence to:
- Central University of Technology, Free State
- Private Bag X20539
- Republic of South Africa
All students from South Africa and other countries who wish to enrol at CUT may do so by submitting an application through the site. CUT no longer accepts applications from walk-ins. Hope the provided information is helpful, kindly leave a comment below in the comment section.