Stellenbosch University MBA
Stellenbosch University MBA
Stellenbosch University accredited Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) is designed to educate professionals, managers, specialists, and entrepreneurs into responsible leaders, exceptional decision makers, strategic thinkers, effective communicators, and stewards of society.
The MBA is open to applicants, such as managers, and professionals seeking employment at international organizations, or clinicians and senior nurses, depending on what you want to pursue, whether a generalist MBA or one of the specialist streams.
Stellenbosch University MBA degree helps to confidently equip applicants to take on these responsibilities; senior management positions and leadership roles. Stellenbosch University Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) is still the most widely-recognized business management degree in the whole world. The facility includes a research assignment and an International Study Module at an overseas business school. MBA stellenbosch fees
Course Structure and Content
The MBA degree consists of 18 compulsory modules (including the International Study Module, the flagship Leadership Development Module, and the Research Assignment) and two electives. Depending on your choice of electives, international study module, and research assignment topic, you can customize up to 30% of your MBA degree.
The research component will deepen your learning experience because it gives you a methodical, rigorous technique to respond to a question or overcome an issue in real life.
Additionally, it will enable you to evaluate research that is presented at the managerial level.
MBA stellenbosch fees
MBA with generalist modules:
- Those who want senior-level business management expertise to apply in businesses ranging from entrepreneurial start-ups to multinational corporations in any business sector.
- Managers, professionals, specialists, and business owners who wish to develop excellent decision-making abilities, strategic thinking abilities, effective communication abilities, and knowledge of the function of business in society.
The 18 compulsory MBA modules
- Accounting for Decision-Making (8 credits)
- Business Communication Skills (4 credits)
- Business in Society (8 credits)
- Contemporary Decision-Making (12 credits)
- Corporate Finance (12 credits)
- Digital Enterprise Management (8 credits)
- Economics for Managers (8 credits)
- International Study Module (8 credits)
- Leadership Development (16 credits)
- Managerial Accounting (8 credits)
- Managerial Statistics (8 credits)
- Operational Excellence (8 credits)
- Organizational Behaviour (8 credits)
- Perspectives on African Frontiers (8 credits)
- Research Methodology and Assignment (45 credits)
- Strategic Analysis (8 credits)
- Strategic Management (12 credits)
- Strategic Marketing and Branding (8 credits)
Requirements for recognition of prior learning
- All documentation and assessment required for prospective students, PLUS
- Have at least an NQF 6 qualification
- Have at least SIX years of working experience after obtaining the qualification mentioned in the first bullet point, of which at least THREE years should have been in a management or a related professional position.
- Submit a comprehensive CV, indicating, in detail, areas of responsibility in the work environment as well as activities outside the work environment.
- Provide us with at least two references (typically current or former line heads) who can testify about your managerial or related professional abilities.
- Write and submit two motivational essays (specific topics are provided).
- Conduct an in-depth interview with the Head of the MBA program.
- Application fee and SHL tests for 2024
- Application fee (non-refundable; applicable to all students): R1 050
- SHL selection fee: R2 950
- GMAT selection fee: $250
Admission Requirements-What you need to apply
Candidates for an MBA must possess one of the following credentials, according to the SA Council on Higher Education:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree (NQF level 8), OR
- Honors/Postgraduate degree (NQF level 8), OR
- 3-year Bachelor’s degree (NQF level 7) plus a postgraduate diploma (NQF level 8)
- Additional requirement for students enrolling for the MBA stream in Project Management: A Project Management course on NQF level 8, for which credits can be considered in respect of required elect
Obtaining a qualification to enroll for an MBA:
- A postgraduate diploma at NQF level 8 is one of the degrees that can grant admission to the MBA.
- They provide a variety of updated PGDips that can lead to their MBA or MPhil degrees.
- The PGDip in Business Management and Administration is the most popular (PGDip BMA).
- PGDip BMA graduates who pursue an MBA will be granted credit for 32 credits (15%) toward the degree.
If you need more information on programs or need support with the application process:
Programe inquiries and support with the applications process
Telephone: +27 (0) 21 918 4246
Admission and registration inquiries
Merwede van Tonder
Telephone: +27 (0) 21 918 4378