University Of Pretoria Faculty Of Law
University Of Pretoria Faculty Of Law; Faculty of law courses
A transferring student will be considered for admission based on
- an NSC or equivalent qualification with exemption to bachelor’s or diploma studies (whichever is applicable); and meeting the minimum faculty-specific subject requirements at NSC or tertiary level, or having completed a higher certificate at a tertiary institution with faculty-specific subjects/modules passed (equal to or more than 50%), as well as complying with faculty rules on admission;
- previous academic performance (must have passed all modules registered for up to the closing date of application ) or as per faculty regulation/promotion requirements;
- a certificate of good conduct.
A returning student is a student who, at the time of application for a degree program
- Is a registered student at UP, and wants to transfer to another degree at UP, or was previously registered at UP and did not complete the program enrolled for, and did not enroll at another tertiary institution in the meantime (including students who applied for leave of absence), or has completed studies at UP, but is not currently enrolled or was not enrolled at another tertiary institution after graduation.
- an NSC or equivalent qualification with exemption to bachelor’s or diploma studies (whichever is applicable); and meeting the minimum faculty-specific subject requirements at NSC or tertiary level; or previous academic performance (should have a cumulative weighted average of at least 50% for the program enrolled for);
- having applied for and was granted a leave of absence.
Career Opportunities (with at least an LLB degree and preferably after admission as an attorney or advocate)
- Officers of the court, such as attorneys, advocates, court orderlies, National Prosecuting Authority, public prosecutors, and state advocates
- Judiciary and administrative officers
- Department of Justice and Constitutional Development
- Legal academics
- Law Reform Commission
- Legal advisers
- South African Police Service
- Correctional Services
- Legal Aid and Advice
Obtain your LLB degree from the highest-ranking Law Faculty in Africa.
LLM/MPhil and LLD/Ph.D. Postgraduate programs
Upgrade and UPdate with a postgraduate law degree from the highest THE ranking Law Faculty in Africa.
Pretoria University Law Press (PULP)
The Pretoria University Law Press (PULP) is an independent, non-profit press based at the Faculty of Law in the Centre for Human Rights (CHR).
UP Law Clinic
The University of Pretoria Law Clinic is run as an independent professional Attorneys’ practice.
Head: Student Administration
Postgraduate: Applicants/students, registration, and graduation
Tel: +27 (0)12 420 2290