University Of Pretoria Jobs
University Of Pretoria Jobs: Applicants might have gotten the news of online applications for the University Of Pretoria Jobs. New UP Vacancies are available now for Job Seekers looking for a reputable Job. Officials are recruiting new talented candidates for numerous UP Posts across SA. Interested Applicants can Apply for the University of Pretoria Jobs in Gauteng as per their qualifications. All the vital info, like the closing date and Applying Process for Current Vacancies at UP, are shared further. In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University Of Pretoria Jobs
FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY MANAGER: ELECTRON MICROSCOPE UNIT
The Electron Microscope (EM) Unit in the Department of Anatomy and Physiology is the only functional EM facility on the continent dedicated to veterinary diagnostic and research work. The Department is looking for a skilled, competent candidate to manage the Electron Microscope Unit.
- Provide dedicated research services and support to clients, private researchers, academics and students and limited veterinary diagnostic work;
- Oversee the general management of the EM Unit for example finances, procurement, the quality control of sample preparation, results and reporting
- Ensure that the unit conforms to the Faculty’s strategic plan by the preparation of annual reports for the Department, Faculty and National Research Foundation;
- Ensure good laboratory practice by following standard operating procedures;
- Oversee the administration of the laboratory, for example, maintenance of equipment, and record keeping;
- Cultivating good relationships with clients, researchers, service providers and suppliers;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders;
- Provide diagnostic and research support; and
- Ensure that everyone who has access to the electron microscope is appropriately trained.
- BSc degree / B Degree / B Tech in Medical/Veterinary Technology or relevant field; and
- 4 years experience in routine biological electron microscopy.
Required Competencies (skills, Knowledge And Behavioural Attributes)
- Advanced knowledge of electron- and light microscopy;
- Advanced knowledge of sample preparation for light- and electron microscopy;
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory equipment and techniques;
- Strong knowledge of viral morphology and diagnostics and ultrastructural pathology;
- Computer literacy (MS Windows, MS Office, SPSS);
- Good verbal, written and communication skills;
- A dynamic, accurate person with a high sense of responsibility and self-improvement;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously; and
- Good organisational-, prioritisation- and interpersonal skills.
Added Advantages And Preferences
MSc degree; 3 years experience in:
- advanced techniques in biological electron microscopy;
- diagnostic electron microscopy;
- teaching/training of EM principles and techniques;
- ultrastructural histology, pathology and virology;
- accreditation procedures;
- laboratory administration; and
- PeopleSoft procurement and invoicing.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
How To Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In Applying For This Post, Please Attach
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications; and
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 22 February
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Ms Bernice Nyathela, email@example.com for application-related enquiries and contact Prof Joseph Chamunorwa, firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone number (012) 529-8305 for enquiries relating to post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 25 April, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
For more information on the University Of Pretoria click here. We do hope this article was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.