UP Online Application
UP Online Application; UP postgraduate application 2024
Applications for study at the University of Pretoria are fully online. Application for admission to undergraduate study programs for both South African and international citizens closes on specific dates in the year preceding the year of study. Check the list of closing dates supplied below to make sure that you submit your application on time.
To use the System you will need internet access, as well as an email address that you can access regularly because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt. The System is intended for use by new prospective students submitting an application to UP for the first time. It is not intended for students presently registered at the University of Pretoria. UP postgraduate application 2024
To use the System you will need the following:
- Internet access
- an email address that you can access regularly because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Click on the video link below for a step-by-step guide on how to use the online application system, UP Portal, and online contract.
- UP applications open on 1 March of the year preceding the year of study.
- Each prospective student must complete only one online application. On the online application, the University of Pretoria offers a first and second choice in terms of what you wish to study. All applicants should fill in both a first and second choice on the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number(EMPLID).
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet. Admission is a separate process that your application undergoes after being evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own online application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents, or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents, or agencies, you do so at your own risk. It is of utmost importance that you provide your personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
- For the application for Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education) please visit the “Distance Education ” web page before you apply. Different rules are applicable.
- It is important to note that should you wish to study the selection programs BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture), you must indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programs. It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programs as your first choice on the online application.
- Application fees are waived for students who apply for studies at the University of Pretoria if their household income is lower than or equal to R150 000 per annum.
- Online applicants must upload proof of income in STEP 12 of the online application process. This will serve as proof of payment, to allow you to verify and apply your form. These documents will be verified.
Application Fee: When you submit your study application, you will need to pay an application fee of R300 (30 US Dollars) for 2023.
Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.