UP Portal ѕіtеѕ оught tо funсtіоn wеll оn rесеnt versions of соmmоnlу uѕеd browsers and оn different devices аnd рlаtfоrmѕ (е.g. PCѕ runnіng оn Wіndоwѕ, іPаdѕ оn IOS, Tаblеtѕ оn Andrоіd, and vаrіоuѕ ѕmаrt phones). Hоwеvеr, different browsers (with dіffеrеnt settings and/or аdd-оnѕ) can rеѕult in certain ѕуѕtеmѕ, оr funсtіоnаlіtу wіthіn ѕуѕtеmѕ, nоt ореrаtіng соrrесtlу.
Uѕеrѕ аrе, therefore, encouraged tо dоwnlоаd more thаn оnе brоwѕеr оntо their dеvісе аnd, ѕhоuld a рrоblеm be еnсоuntеrеd when uѕіng a ѕресіfіс brоwѕеr, tо thеn try ассеѕѕіng thе ѕаmе ѕуѕtеm with аn alternate browser. UP Portal provides students with access to their results, attendance, module content and financial statement, academic applications, log queries, track their application status, examination etc.
The University of Pretoria (UP) is one of Africa’s top universities and the largest contact university in South Africa. We produce socially impactful research to find solutions for the world’s most pressing issues. We have a high quality of teaching and learning in the classroom, online, or in communities. We have support in place for our students to graduate on time as well-rounded, responsible citizens fully prepared for the world beyond university.
HOW TO ACCESS THE UP PORTAL LOGIN SCREEN
In order for persons who are Study Applicants, Students, Staff, Alumni or authorised Guests to access UP systems, they will (at some stage) need to first complete the process described below to activate their UP Portal and create their UP Portal password. The Student Portal link can be found on the main website of the University of Pretoria
- Step 1: Go to UP’s website at www.up.ac.za
- Step 2: Click on the link titled “My UP Login”. You will be taken to the UP Login page. If you are a new/first user on the UP Portal, click on the “New user” button.
- Step 3: (As a first-time user of the UP Portal) The button labelled “New user” will take you to this function
Step 4: Enter your Username which would have been communicated to you and your SA National ID (or passport). To continue to create your profile and password, please go to the relevant guidelines at https://www.up.ac.za/students/article/2745903/self-help-guides.
UP Online Application Date
Applications for the 2024/2025 academic year will open on 1 April 2024 until June 2024. Interested students are entreated to submit their application NOW before the closing date.
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
How To Apply To UP
- Completed the full online application form, AND
- Uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .pdf format, AND
- Either paid the application fee by credit card OR upload proof of bank deposit at Standard Bank, Account Number 012602604 (see checklist) .
- If you have not clicked APPLY, your form has not been submitted.
Once your application has been successfully submitted after you have clicked VERIFY and APPLY:
- You will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the Online Application system.
- You will be informed by email what your allocated student number (EMPLID) is.
- You will also be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress and application results on the student portal.
University of Pretoria Contact Details
University of Pretoria
Private Bag x 20
Student Service Centre (for Contact students):
Contact Centre – Telephone: 012 420 3111
Contact Centre – Email: email@example.com
UPOnline Call Centre (for Online Students):
Call Centre – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the provided information is useful, kindly leave a comment in the comment section.