Application for CPUT 2024-2025
Application for CPUT 2024-2025
CPUT application for the year 2024-2025 is open to all prospective students from South Africa and International students to apply for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Prospective applicants must identify the qualification they meet either Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Certificate or other qualifications. An application form(Manual /Online) is required along with supportive documents. For information on the fields/ areas of study and supervisors click here.
Acceptance is dependent on a supervisor being available for a specific field of study – you should consult with the department before submitting your application. A non-refundable late application fee of R150 is applicable to applications submitted after the official closing date. Late applications are only accepted if late applications have been officially announced by the institution on its website. All applications must be submitted before April 20, 2024.
CPUT is Africa’s top Smart University of Technology, with alumni who help to design a better world for humanity. It is a global leader in innovation. Through world-class researchers who encourage cutting-edge knowledge production and innovation, the university transforms its students.
- Copy of the proof of payment of your application fee (online application submission is free of charge).
- A certified copy of the first page of your Identity Document.
- A certified copy of your Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification. If you are currently in Grade 12, please submit your marks obtained in Grade 11.
- Certified copies of the original Academic record and Certificate of Conduct, or certified copies of other certificates/ diplomas/ degrees you obtained previously from any other higher education institution.
- Any other documents specifically required for the programme to which you are applying, as explained in the application form and admission requirements.
- An R100 non-refundable application fee is required
Non-South African Citizens
- Certified copies of the following applicable documents (must be less than three (3) months old)
- Permanent Residency applicants: Passport and Proof of Permanent Residency/SA ID Document/Card
- Refugee/Asylum seeker temporary permit/formal recognition of refugee status in the RSA
- A certified copy of your school-leaving certificate, together with an English translation.
- A scratch card (for students from the West African Examination Council (WAEC) and National Examinations Council (NECO).
- Congo-Brazzaville applicants must submit the Liste des Admis au Bac
- Sixth-year Bulletin: Diplom D’Etat and Journal and transcripts of results or Journal or Confirmation of Results from the Embassy (students from Angola, the Democratic Republic of Congo or Cameroon).
- International/Foreign Post-Basic Nursing applicants need to submit a document indicating approval of nursing qualifications from, and certified by, South African Qualification Authority (SAQA), in order to be provisionally accepted. Full acceptance will only be considered if the applicant also submits proof of temporary registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) for two (2) years, in addition to a valid study permit.
- Any other documents specifically required for the programmes to which you are applying, as explained in the application form and special admission requirements covered in Step 1.
To be eligible for consideration read carefully about the admission requirement before you apply for CPUT 2024-2025. Before applying, carefully read the step-by-step process of the application instructions.
- Some qualifications require applicants to submit additional information as part of their application. Please see the Additional admission requirements for more information.
- No manual posted or over-the-counter applications will be accepted for any other course other than the above exceptions.
- Please note that applicants are limited to three choices (to be filled in on one form). Any further applications will be discarded.
- Application Fee: Applicants need to pay a non-refundable application fee of R100 before their application form can be processed. Application for CPUT 2024-2025
- NB: A non-refundable late application fee of R150 is applicable to applications submitted after the official closing date. Late applications are only accepted if late applications have been officially announced by the institution on its official website.
Step 1: Choose a qualification
Step 2: Get an application form
Step 3: Gather your documents or upload further/ outstanding documents
Step 4: Fill in the application form
Step 5: Pay the application fee
Step 6: Send in your form and documents either online or manually.
Step 7: Follow up and get your admission status
A complete application, submitted entirely online, MUST include the following materials:
- Proof of payment receipt of your application fee (This is a nonrefundable compulsory fee for every applicant)
- A Certified copy of your ID document(ID document is compulsory for South African citizens – your application cannot be processed without a certified copy of your ID and Passport Number for International Applicants)
- Exam Results: Final Grade 12 results (if available). Grade 11 results (if you currently doing grade 12) are very important for your application. Thus, have it on hand.
- A unique email address when applying either online or in a hard copy. Note that some of the systems do not accept emails from some of the universities. It is advisable to create and use a Gmail, or Yahoo email address for the application. Application for CPUT 2022-2023
Get an application form (manual application only)
All applications must be submitted online only except for the following category of applications:
A few Non-degree Purpose qualifications do not cater to online applications for example DIPLOMA: ICT IN APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT (IT) (DPICTA) – Part-time Studies. Please click here to view the list of 2024 Active qualifications with methods of the application included.
Get an Application Form:
There are two ways you can get a form to apply for admission:
1. Download a PDF of the form that you can print at home
2. Collect a printed form at the Registration and Applications Office on the various campuses.
Visit the official Website Of CPUT For More Details