The School of Information Technology (IT) consists of four Departments, namely Information Technology and Applied Informatics, Network Engineering, IT Management & Governance. These Departments collectively offer an extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the computing discipline of Information Technology, which is endorsed by the Higher Education Information and Communication Technology Association (HEICTA). The vision of the School is to be the leading provider of state-of-the-art Information and Communication Technology expertise in South Africa.
The undergraduate programmes are designed to give students an adequate grounding in the fundamental principles underlying their chosen field of study, while at the same time emphasizing the practical and applied nature of the subject matter.
A significant portion of the tuition time is spent in our modern, well-equipped computer laboratories. Students are prepared for an interesting and rewarding career.
READ: NMMU Application Fee
At the postgraduate level, students can specialise in various research focus areas including Information Security Management and Governance, Health Informatics, Usability and User Experience and Mobile and Workflow. The Institute of ICT Advancement (IICTA), which forms part of the School, leads the School’s postgraduate research programmes in these areas. Many students have acquired postgraduate degrees under the auspices of the School of ICT and IICTA and have acquired sought-after positions in the industry.
NMMU provides students with access to computer labs that are outfitted with cutting-edge hardware and software, as well as software packages for specific courses.
Furthermore, NMU uses the Blackboard online learning platform to manage course content and provide access to online resources, discussion forums, and assessments.
NMMU Online Application Requirements
- Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- the most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian/surety if you are a dependent, currently at school, studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject-specific marks do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen program, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
- Some programs have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty-specific requirements.
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and sms. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is dependent on:
- your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen program, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
NMMU Online Application Process
- Go to the application portal at https://applyonline.mandela.ac.za/.
- Create an account by providing your email address and a password.
- Log in to your account and complete the application form with the required information
- Upload all the required documents, such as certified copies of your ID, academic transcripts, and proof of payment for the application fee.
- Review your application and submit it online along with the uploaded documents.
- Wait for a response from NMU on the status of your application.
Tel: +27 (0) 41 504 1111
Fax: +27 (0) 41 504 2574 / 2731
PO Box 77000, Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, 6031, South Africa
Hope the provided information is useful, kindly leave a comment in the comment section.