Online Application at CPUT
Online Application at CPUT
The CPUT online application portal is open from March 2024 until September 30, 2024. Interested students are urged to apply now. All applications must be submitted before the closing dates, therefore applications submitted after the closing date are rejected. To Apply to CPUT, Choose your qualification by consulting this brochure or the website and gather your documents (i.e. certified copies less than 3 months old), Download the online applications guide available on our website for information on how to apply online, Complete your application online, Submit and Follow up and get your admission status via the online application tracking system
CPUT Online Application Requirements
South African Students;
- Copy of the proof of payment of your application fee (online application submission is free of charge).
- A certified copy of the first page of your Identity Document.
- A certified copy of your Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification. If you are currently in Grade 12, please submit your marks obtained in Grade 11.
- Certified copies of the original Academic record and Certificate of Conduct, or certified copies of other certificates/ diplomas/ degrees you obtained previously from any other higher education institution.
- Any other documents specifically required for the programme to which you are applying, as explained in the application form and admission requirements.
Documents to be submitted by non-South African citizens:
- Certified copies of the following applicable documents (must be less than three (3) months old)
- Permanent Residency applicants: Passport and Proof of Permanent Residency/SA ID Document/Card
- Refugee/Asylum seeker temporary permit/formal recognition of refugee status in the RSA
- A certified copy of your school-leaving certificate, together with an English translation.
- A scratch card (for students from the West African Examination Council (WAEC) and National Examinations Council (NECO).
- Congo-Brazzaville applicants must submit the Liste des Admis au Bac
- Sixth-year Bulletin: Diplom D’Etat and Journal and transcripts of results or Journal or Confirmation of Results from the Embassy (students from Angola, the Democratic Republic of Congo or Cameroon).
- International/Foreign Post-Basic Nursing applicants need to submit a document indicating approval of nursing qualifications from, and certified by, South African Qualification Authority (SAQA), in order to be provisionally accepted. Full acceptance will only be considered if the applicant also submits proof of temporary registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) for two (2) years, in addition to a valid study permit.
- Any other documents specifically required for the programmes to which you are applying, as explained in the application form and special admission requirements
Online Application in CPUT Process
- Go to the CPUT website: www.cput.ac.za for more information
- You then have to Gather all your documents. Go to the CPUT brochure in step 1 or visit www.cput.ac.za/study/apply for more details.
- Download the online applications guide available on the CPUT website www.cput.ac.za for more information on How to apply online
- Complete your application online by going to www.cput.ac.za/study/apply
- Fill in the online application form. Make sure you enter the correct details, otherwise your application will not be processed.
- Follow up and get your admission status via the online application tracking system by visiting www.cput.ac.za/study/track. This will take you to the Application Tracking System on the website where you will be able to view the admission status and you will also be able to download any acceptance/rejection letters.
Here are some tips to help you fill in the form correctly.
- Your name, surname, and identity number or passport number must be filled in exactly as they are written in your identity document or passport.
- When filling in the qualification you want to study, make sure that you use the correct name of the qualification. Check the name of the qualification on the CPUT website or in the prospectus booklet.
- Applicants are limited to three choices (to be filled in on one form). Any further applications will be discarded.
- If you want to stay in a CPUT residence, tick Yes in the appropriate block and complete the residence application form at the back of the application form. You will not be allocated a place in a residence if you do not tick Yes and complete the residence application form. Residence space is not guaranteed.
- Your address is the address where you live permanently. Ask your parents for a municipal bill and copy the address from the bill.
- Even if you are going to apply for a bursary or loan you must fill in the details of the person who is responsible for paying your fees since bursaries and loans are not guaranteed.
- Read through and complete the legal undertaking in full.
- Complete the checklist at the back of the form.
- Read through the form again to make sure you have filled in all the information.
- Call Centre: +27 21 959 6767.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the official website of CPUT for more information, Kindly leave a comment in the comment section.