Online Application At UKZN
Online Application At UKZN; UKZN login
Please be advised that the University is currently in recess. In light of the rapid spread of Covid-19, visits to University premises have been stopped and staff are dealing with queries via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note that Internal Transfer Applications will be opened on 1 June.
Students must apply by downloading the Internal Transfer Form available via the web and emailing this to Enquiries@ukzn.ac.za
South African First-time applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za. UKZN login
UKZN Internal Transfers
If you are a currently registered UKZN student and wish to apply for a different qualification please use the Internal Transfer Form and submit it to the Applications Office on your campus.
For Undergraduate Internal Transfer Form CLICK HERE
For Postgraduate Internal Transfer Form (Excluding Masters or Doctoral Programmes)CLICK HERE
For Postgraduate Internal Transfer Form (Masters and Doctoral Programmes)CLICK HERE
UKZN has two methods of applying.
Choose one of the following:
1. Online Web application
Master (Research) and Doctoral Studies
- No closing date
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable): ukzn online application 2024 postgraduate
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South African universities if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters’s Degree or Ph.D.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use the reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making the application fee payments.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
- South African First-time Undergraduate applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za
DBN: +27 31 260 1111
PMB: +27 33 260 5111
or Call +27 31 260 8596