Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Online Application 2021
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Online Application 2021/2022
Welcome to our page.
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) is located in Pretoria North, Gauteng Province, South Africa. It was founded in 1 January 2015. The University was formerly known as Medical University of South Africa (MEDUNSA) and later as a campus of the University of Limpopo, It is named after South African ANC leader Sefako Makgatho.
The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University offers the following ;
School of Medicine
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) (incl. ECP)
- Master of Medicine – MMed (in various specializations)
- Master of Science in Clinical Psychology (MSc Clinical Psychology)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD in General Surgery)
- Phd (in various specializations)
- Bachelor of Diagnostic Radiography (BRad Diag)
School of Oral Health
- Bachelor of Dental Sciences (BDS)
- Master of Dentistry (MDent) (various specializations)
- PhD in Dentistry
- Bachelor of Dental Therapy (BDT)
- Bachelor of Oral Hygiene (BOH)
School of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Master of Pharmacy
- PhD in Pharmacy
- Postgraduate Diploma (Hospital Pharmacy Management)
School of Health Care Sciences
- Department of Nursing Sciences
- Baccalaureate Curationis (BCur) (I et A)
- Bachelor of Nursing Science Honours (in various specializations)
- Master of Nursing Science (in various specializations)
- PhD in Nursing Sciences
- Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing
- Advanced Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing
- Department of Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics
- Masters of Science in Dietetics
- PhD in Dietetics
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Masters of Occupational Therapy
- PhD in Occupational Therapy
- Department of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy
- Master in Physiotherapy(in various specialization)
- PhD in Physiotherapy
- Department of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology
- Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
School of Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Science, majoring in: Chemistry, Computer Science , Physiology , Psychology , Biology , Biochemistry , Physics , Mathematics and Applied Mathematics , Statistics
- Extended Curriculum Programme (ECP) 4 years
- Bachelor of Science Honours
- Masters of Science
- To apply online, you need access to the internet and a valid email address. Please ensure that you do the following before submitting.
- Complete the application accurately and fully.
- Write your names the same as they appear in your identity/passport document.
- Specify the names of the first choice and second choice degrees (if applicable)
- Complete the residence section (if applicable).
- An application fee of R200.00 which is non-refundable and send proof of payment. Use your ID/ passport/ student number generated by the system when making payment.
Upload the following certified and individually scanned documents:
- Copy of your Identity Document eg.passport document (compulsory).
- Copy of your result final Grade 11 or your National Senior/Matric/ IEB Certificate (if you have already completed Grade 12).
- Copy of your degree certificate(s) and academic record(s) (if you attended other universities).
- Copy of your marriage certificate/divorce decree (if applicable).
- Proof of non-refundable application fee payment of R200.
Application will not be processed if the required applicable documentation was not submitted
If not submitted on time which is two months after application dates
Banking Details are as follows:
Account name: SMU; Bank name:
Standard Bank, Account no.: 071244395
Branch no.: 020909;
Ref no.: Your ID/ Passport number/ Student number
SMU Contact Details
If you need more information, call 012-521 4058/5886/4315/4319/4137/4204/4979 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O Box 60
Phone: (012) 521-5057 / 5059 / 5062
Fax: (012) 560-0086
For more info visit the school website