UKZ Postgraduate Prospectus 2023-2024 Pdf
UKZ Postgraduate Programme Prospectus 2023-2024 Pdf
The University of KwaZulu-Natal was established on January 1, 2004, when the University of Durban-Westville and the University of Natal merged.
The new institution combines the rich histories of the two previous universities.
A prospectus contains a course schedule, admission requirements, and all application information to help you navigate the University of KwaZulu Natal Cape admissions process. The prospectus is available in PDF format for download and viewing on a smartphone or computer.
The University of Natal was established in 1910 as the Natal University College in Pietermaritzburg. Due to its quick expansion in numbers, wide choice of courses, and achievements in and possibilities for research, the University of Natal was given independent university status in 1949.
The NUC had already expanded to Durban following World War 1 and was now a multi-campus institution. Mr T B Davis, whose son Howard Davis was killed during the Battle of the Somme in World War I, donated the Howard College building, which was dedicated in 1931.
UKZ Postgraduate Closing Dates
- Please consult the Postgraduate Application Guide and your College for information on closing dates. Closing dates for Colleges and Schools may vary.
- Please attach certified copies of the documentation requested on the application form.
Online Registration For UKZ 2023
- Online registration: Monday 10 January – Friday 25 February 2023
- First semester and Lectures commence: Monday, 14 February 2023
- Final date for minimum fee payment required for registration: Friday 25 February 2023
- Final date for semester 1 registration: Friday 25 February 2023
- Final date for curriculum changes: Friday 25 February 2023
|Postgraduate Application Procedures|
Application for admission to Postgraduate Certificates, Postgraduate Diplomas, Honours, Masters and PhD programmes must be made on the Postgraduate Application Form.
Download The UKZ Postgraduate Programmes Prospectus 2023-2024 Pdf
|How To Obtain A UKZN Postgraduate Application Form|
Download a 2023 Postgraduate Application Form
Follow the process to download the application forms:
- Contact the UKZN Applications and Information Office on 031 260 2212/7877 or 033 260 5212 to request an applications form and Postgraduate Application Guide.
- Forms are also available from the Postgraduate Offices at the telephone numbers provided in the Postgraduate Application Guide OR
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to request application material
• Provide your existing student number at the top of page one if previously registered at UDW, UN or UKZN
• List your programme choices on page one of the application form. Please write the name of the programme in full and indicate the relevant campus
• Indicate if you would like to be considered for accommodation in one of the UKZN residences. Limited accommodation is available for postgraduate students.
• Your student number must be quoted in all correspondence/enquiries to the UKZN
• UKZN requires an application fee of R200
• If you are a current student and you have been registered in the previous academic year you will not be required to pay an application fee. If you have been out of the system for two semesters or more you are required to pay the standard application fee.
• Current students wanting to apply for a postgraduate certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and Honours programme must apply on the internal Application form for admission to graduate studies. A form can be downloaded HERE.
• Current students wanting to apply for admission to Masters’s and PhD studies must complete the Postgraduate Application Form.
• Current students will not be required to pay an application fee.
|Details For The Application Fee Account For South African Applicants|
UKZ Postgraduate Prospectus 2023-2024 Pdf
|Name: University Of KwaZulu-Natal
Bank: Standard Bank
Acc. No: 053080998
Branch Code: 045426
Reference: F001 11402 With Applicant’s Full Name
Please provide your details on the deposit slip. Submit proof of payment on submission of your application.