With more people enrolling in universities, it is important to have efficient online systems that can comfortably handle many students. For this reason, many higher education institutions are going away from papers works and creating online designs to increase efficiency. University of South Africa (UNISA) is part of the trend, creating a portal to help students access information. The myLife UNISA account allows students to access exams, newsletters, announcements, assignment marks, and more.
Unisa students are entitled to a free myLife e-mail address for life. Once you are a student, you simply have to activate your login details. Your myLife e-mail account will be used to communicate with Unisa. SMSs and letters will occasionally be sent, but they will not be the primary means of communication. The initial login details that you are given once you are accepted to Unisa will give you access to myUnisa as well as my life. Below, we will be looking at what myUnisa and myLife are as well as how you can activate these accounts and log in.
READ: UNISA Online Application
How to activate your myLife Unisa email account
First register for a myLife account via myUnisa. It can take up to 24 hours after registering before your myLife Unisa email will work.
- Go to the myUNISA student portal.
- Click on ‘Claim UNISA Login’
- Type in your student number and click ‘Continue.’
- Fill in the personal information form (Surname, Full name, DOB, South African ID No/ Passport No/ Foreign ID. Enter either ID No or Passport No, not both) and click ‘Continue.’
- Read through the terms, check the boxes, and click ‘Acknowledge.’
- You will see a page showing your account details (mylife email address and phone number) and also an initial UNISA password. The password will be for both myUnisa and myLife email accounts.
Your UNISA email address will be unique for every student, and your UNISA email address will follow the format email@example.com.
How to login to myLife Unisa email account
To access your myLife Unisa email account,
- Navigate to mylife.unisa.ac.za
- Enter your full email address (eg firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter your password for your email account.
- Select “Sign in“.
- Then click “sign out” after you’re done with everything.
Remember to sign out of both accounts. Do not just close the windows.
READ: CPUT Email
What Should You Do If Your Password On myLife Isn’t Working?
You may need to reset your password in order to sync your myUnisa and myLife mailboxes.
- Click “My Admin” after logging into myUnisa.
- Select “Change Password” from the drop-down menu.
- To change your password, fill out the form. It’s important to remember that your new password will work for both your myUnisa and myLife accounts.
- Muckleneuk Campus
- Unisa Science Campus
- Sunnyside Camp
All students must book a space before visiting any Unisa office
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
For more information on Unisa click here. We do hope this article was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.