UNISA Online Application
UNISA Online Application
Information regarding the University of South Africa’s (UNISA) Online Application for Admission for the Academic Year is now available and may be found at www.unisa.ac.za. We have briefly described the procedures needed to apply to UNISA online for the forthcoming academic year on this helpful website.
Opening and closing dates for applications and registration: You must determine whether the application or registration is still available or closed before deciding to apply or register for admission to study at Unisa. For whatever cause, Unisa may not accept late registration and application. Visit the Unisa website for further information about application and registration deadlines: Apply online
READ: UNISA Registration
- Unisa will contact you via the email address and mobile phone number you gave during the application process if you are a first-time Unisa applicant and do not have a myLife e-mail address.
- Unisa will email your myLife e-mail account with the results of your application if you were already enrolled with them. For information, kindly check this email account frequently. Please visit myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za) to change your password if you’ve forgotten your myUnisa/myLife password.
- All enrolled students at Unisa are given a free myLife e-mail address. Once your registration is complete, it is your obligation to activate your myLife email account. Your myLife e-mail address will continue to be the official primary e-mail address on file at Unisa and will be the sole e-mail address recognized by Unisa for official correspondence to and from the university. The Unisa rules for students are available here.
Dates for Unisa Applications
Applications for undergraduate degrees, honors degrees, and postgraduate diplomas for the upcoming academic year will be accepted from 1 September through 14 October. Undergraduate qualifications include Higher Certificates, Advanced Certificates, Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, and Degrees. For the academic year, applications for admission to master’s and doctorate programs will be accepted between 11 September and 14 November.
NB: The University of South Africa’s application website will be open on August 19th for the upcoming academic year.
UNISA Online Application Document
All applicants beginning a new qualification are expected to upload all necessary documentation, which often includes the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
READ: UNISA To Login
Your application, including the points system, will be evaluated by Unisa. If you meet the academic admission standards for your chosen qualification, your minimum academic points score (APS), and the number of seats available for the qualification for which you have applied, you might be given a spot for the upcoming academic year.
- Feedback will be sent to applicants who do not meet the requirements for admission as soon as their applications are completed.
- It’s possible that applicants won’t be admitted to study through Unisa automatically based on the application and selection process described above. Limited positions are available for some qualifications, and offers won’t be issued until all applications have been reviewed. In such circumstances, your application will be completed, and you will be advised that it is subject to enrollment management if you wish to pursue the qualification of your choice.
- Once all applications received by the deadline have been evaluated, candidates who meet the requirements for admission will learn definitively whether or not Unisa will grant them a spot for the academic year.
Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) for the academic year are open and continuous. Apply now!
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes
- first-time Unisa applicants
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization
- applicants who previously applied for admission and were either not offered a space or were offered a space and did not register
- students completing a higher certificate or alternative pathway / extended program who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies
All applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period.
Applicants who plan to enroll for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement may apply via the relevant TVET college or at Unisa via the online or self-help options.
If you were not offered a space at Unisa, you can contact the Central Applications Clearing House (CACH) at DHED